Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Lighted Sign/Clock

Talntedmrgreen

IMG_6659.jpg

I've been drooling over the sign identical to this one on ebay all week, after watching forever for a lighted sign or clock with the older 'Simplicity' script. The price on that one (and most others) is just too steep to justify. Then, yesterday on Maine's CL, I happened upon it's twin, but in mint condition and working! The best part...half the cost, shipped :o

Ever since seeing the 'tractor' logo in Ray's signature, I've watched for any memorabilia with it...it's definitely my favorite

dOddOddOd

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

sm02 Did NOT win it. I will give you 200.00 cash for yours!:D

id="quote">
id="quote">I wish I could help ya! I'm more excited about this than most attachments ^

My wife's been talking about something for the wall, over the bed. I think the tic-toc of a clock would put me right to sleep }:)

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

My wife's been talking about something for the wall, over the bed. I think the tic-toc of a clock would put me right to sleep }:)

id="quote">
id="quote">I will admit that my prowess with the fairer of the sexes is not exactly legendary. However, I am pretty confident that most women, such as your wife, would not find the soft orange glow of a lighted lawnmower sign above a bed to be romantic. But, I could be wrong.

I've never been excited over a clock before sm00 Now I'll know just how much time I waste out in the shop

Very Cool! The eBay one was too rich for my blood too, though here lately I've been thinking of quitting tractors to instead collect signs. I have a similar Bolens clock and need to replace the movement in it. I was thinking it would be nice if the light could be switched on separately and the clock left running all the time. I may put a battery powered movement in it instead, and run the light on a switch. You could do the same so you can have it over your bed, without having the "nightlight."

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

I was thinking it would be nice if the light could be switched on separately and the clock left running all the time. I may put a battery powered movement in it instead, and run the light on a switch.

id="quote">
id="quote">I was thinking of that also...the little AA powered movements are cheap and easy to install. I have one somewhere in a clock I made in high school.

Mack those are very cool I would like one of those if you ever part with them Not like you will but never knew they had those out there

quote:Originally posted by Mack

Josh, here are some pics of Simplicity,s 50th anniversary glasses from 1972.

id="quote">
id="quote">WOW! Now THAT is cool! I would really love one of those...kinda a sucker for 'big' beers and drinking them from glass. I've been using a Steam Club coffee mug to drink my slushy beers out in the shop as of late. One of those would be much better. Heck, even the box is cool! dOddOddOd

Those are some neat snifters. They'd be perfect filled with a finger or two of B&B (Benedictine & Brandy), and with a good Dunhill cigar.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen a number of those style clocks over the years. Some of them are a darker orange - almost red. Maybe some were exposed to sunlight and faded though. I recently saw one at a dealer that looked like yours but has an orange dot/circle right in the middle of the clock. I wasn't able to get a pic. Guy figured it was from the early 1970's. He remembered throwing the box away a few years ago. That would be awesome to have the original box for one too. Tim

• 4 weeks later...

Just showing a different flavor of Simplicity clock here Josh. Got this one a few years back but had to pass up a neon old script because it was already promised to another customer. Still happy with this though!!

SimpClock.jpg

I had to install a new bulb mount and repair the clock, but for free...I didn't complain!Picked up a number of other items from the same dealer. Posted to this hidden section of the forum last night. All great items I'm seeing in here. I hope Kent can move these hidden forums to a more visible drop down like the rest so more can enjoy them.

SimpClock.jpg.1b8270dccb51694f7cd1cdfc0c0c8740.jpg