Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

deutz allis 916 hydraulic help

motorman12157

Well first off, im new here and i love the site. ok, here is the question, i picked up a decent non running deutz allis 916H and i keep reading that these came with hydraulic lift on them. this one does not have it. it has the hydro trans and it has ports to hook up lines for the lift. the handle for the lift isnt there either. did these come without the lift also? i want to make it so i could use the hydraulics on it for lifting a plow or something small like that. eventually i wanna make a front end loader BUT i wont be using those hydraulics for that. if i have to ill add another pump but i was hoping to use the existing pump. thanks for any help.

Hello and WELCOME to the club! Your amoung friends with a VAST knowledge of tractors of all kinds BUT...I cannot be of help...sorry about that. One of our experts will be along soon to answer your questions.dOd

FYI...I HAVE learned one important thing about being on this site..It seems the more pics you post of your project, the quicker you will get an answer! LOL:D

Check your eyes open in the classified. There are times that you can get whole non running tractors 100-250 with the lifts. It is an every day occurrence but it does happen or put an ad in our classifieds looking for a non runner.

My DA917H was an electric lift option (based on the dashboard having the lift switch labeled as such). I retrofitted a hydro lift in to it, using hydraulics I bought on the classifieds here (cylinder, hoses, control valve, lever), a new rocker shaft and support bracket from ebay, and the shim kit from Jack's Small Engines. It wasn't easy nor cheap, but well worth it. I started a post somewhere on the board (search kenzen DA917H) where we discuss the process. You'll also need a 1000# gauge and plumbing to calibrate the charge and implement pressures (with the shim kit). Reach out to this board to get you through it - I'll be watching out for your posts.

Ken

bigten thats what i was thinking. on the "ad" and on some of the other spots i have found info it says that it came with the hydro lift STOCK. there was no option or anything, it said stock. no matter, i WILL get this to work. i have a real nice guy on here that said he would sell me the whole setup for it. the shims and everything. i also figure that for the other things i wanna do to this tractor im gonna install a motor driven pump also. that way if the things i want to do are to much for the transmission i have the other option to go to. i have always wanted a tractor with hydraulics so i could make a small front end loader and maybe a set of forks for thecensored1.gifof it. i have to have some fun somewheres, may as well be in my shed and back yard....^

If you decide to install a hydrolift, this writeup that I did several years ago may be useful to getting everything hooked up and running.When installing the shims below, use a gauge and do not let the pressure go above 800psi.

ValveWriteup.jpg

ValveWriteup.jpg.563be8b2f8ac4155804d38afc879bfe8.jpg

quote:Originally posted by ardisam

Does it have a bushing welded to the frame behind the motor? Right by the lift quadrent.

id="quote">
id="quote">A Deutz Allis has the bushing welded in the frame. When the 900 - 7100 series first came out in 79 or 80 they didn`t unless the hydralic lift was on tractor from the factory. I assumed they all had the bushing until I got a frame last winter from BrettW. His was a early model Simplicity with a KT 17.I wanted the frame because the lower sides to install a V twin. Ended up welding in the bushing.

Ray, some of the Allis tractors that had manual lift still had the welded bushing but not equipped with the hydro lift. I have Simplicity 7110 6 speed like that.

My Deutz Allis 912 with hydro had the bushing. Maybe they didn`t put it in a gear shift frame since there was no way to ad a hydro lift on a manual transmission. That was restored as my Deutz Allis 916H.

His is a hydro so it more than likely would be there. Not sure but I beleve that the KT frame I got from Brett was a hydro.

I dont believe the first year or two? of the 7100 series or 900 series (1979-1980)had hydraulic lift for an option. I dont think it was till 1980 or 1981 it was added and the frames started getting the bushing welded into them. Could be wrong, and frequently am..and I dont remmeber where I came by that information.

By the time you started seeing the green Deutz Allis versions all the frames should have the bushings welded into them.

quote:Originally posted by ardisam

Ray, some of the Allis tractors that had manual lift still had the welded bushing but not equipped with the hydro lift. I have Simplicity 7110 6 speed like that.

id="quote">
id="quote">My DA917H has the bushing, but the option was an electric lift. It now has hydro lift.

quote:Originally posted by SmilinSam

I dont believe the first year or two? of the 7100 series or 900 series (1979-1980)had hydraulic lift for an option. I dont think it was till 1980 or 1981 it was added and the frames started getting the bushing welded into them. Could be wrong, and frequently am..and I dont remmeber where I came by that information. By the time you started seeing the green Deutz Allis versions all the frames should have the bushings welded into them.

id="quote">
id="quote">Yup...wrong againB):D

Originally posted by SmilinSam
quote:
id="quote">I don`t think you are wrong at all. the first couple years it wasn`t available. I have a frame here that was with a KT17 and hydro transmission. After the first couple years there were 3 options available.

well i think i ended up posting on another post....lol. o replied to this and its not here... oh well. heres what i posted. thanks for all of the responses, and i have a couple of more questions. IF i ever get the stuff to build my front end loader would the transmission pump operate it? i doubt it but i had to ask. is this set up a "closed" system? you cant have a remote reservoir right? also what the HECK is a sleeve hitch. i see a lot of post with that in it and i know where it hooks up on the rear end, but i dont know what the big deal is with it.