Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
RayS

Black Allis

RayS

blackallis3.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BUY-NOW-3999-NEW-ALLIS-CHALMERS-GARDEN-TRACTOR-LIMITED-EDITION-BRIGGS-ENGINE-/190791566614?pt=LH_Ditem2c6c104516efaultDomain_0&hash=http://madison.craigslist.org/grd/3580120062.htmlAnybody ever seen one of these? Can`t seem to find any info on whether or not it is legit or someones creative imagination. I know they did make this in black for Sears. I just wonder if there has been a decal swap.The Sears variety is a Prestige and this is a manual lift Conquest. Can`t find anything on that Mfg. No.Wisconsin concept that never made it to production?No mention of it at the link below. Either way the black doesn`t look bad.http://www.allischalmerslawn.com/products/

blackallis3.jpg.dfa8497dc78bb80e311c62eee19ce8b4.jpg

Kent

Since the marketing lady from Simplicity indicated that they are essentially going to let the Allis-Chalmers name "fade away" this could be a good investment for the future. Obviously, there were very few of these made, and they likely will not make any more...

I had never even heard of them, and $3999 for a new Conquest with a 52" deck is not a bad price at all.

gwiseman

I will look but I think I saw a link where a black & silver Conquest was badged for Sears. Wonder if they built too many and are using up the AC decals? I agree-good price.

jmhusby

Speaking of black Simplicities I had the need to stop at the local Sears store/outlet, not the big department store, and on the floor they had a black "Craftsman" CTS9000 yard tractor. It had the Prestige hood on it but everything else was not Simplicity. The deck was not heavy nor the tractor frame. Haven't seen a Snapper for a long time but this thing sure isn't something I would want. Looked for a badge to see where it was made but all it said was assembled from foreign and domestic parts.

RayS

John, the CTX 9000 is a conquest. A CTX 9500 is a Prestige. The Conquest has manual lift and the non servicable K66 transmission. The parts manual for parts state they are the same as Simplicity. Simplicity did introduce some Murray decks which are 42", 46", and 52". You can get the the 54" on the CTX9500 (Prestige clone).

I like the black better but I am sure there is a mark up in price for the CTX series compared to the Simplicity models. Since Sears has to buy them from Briggs - Simplicity I doubt they would cost less.

dirtmister16

notice that any allis chalmers is not sold with the standard deck. they are slightly cheaper deck. non roller. the smaller allis chalmers have a murray deck.

just something to point out. not that this isn't unique and neat though.