Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
wayne1968

3212v no start

wayne1968

I have owned a 1968 Allis B-112 and my sons 1970 Simplicity Sovereign 3212v fully restored to original for 20+ years.The 3212v will not turn over! It has a new ignition switch,battery,voltage regulator and rebuilt s/g.Got voltage to regulator but no"CLICK" from solenoid, but the beast started once last night better than ever.Now nothing!!Need insite. SOLENOID?? Nuetral switch?? First issue in 20yrs.Just frustrated!!

perry
quote:Originally posted by simple_stan

check your oil level. Maybe the carb leaked and you have a hydraulic lock in the cylinder.

id="quote">
id="quote">the gas will not leak up . going to have to get a test light and trace down the promblem

wayne1968

Been there Not that This beast has fought me every step of the resto.I am thinking solenoid only 'cause there's not alot of electrical components to these animals.I was hoping there was some thing I missed,but I don't think so.Thanx for the help guys!!

Stumped & drinkin'

BLT

First of all, jump the two main terminals on starter relay to see if motor gets juice. Then if it does, jump the battery terminal to the signal wire on the relay. If it spins your problem is back in the harness some where, I my first guess is the neutral switch wire is off.

HubbardRA

Take jumper cables and bridge across the two large terminals on the solenoid. If it turns over and starts, then it is the solenoid. I have replaced a couple of them in the last year.

BLT
quote:Originally posted by HubbardRA

Take jumper cables and bridge across the two large terminals on the solenoid. If it turns over and starts, then it is the solenoid. I have replaced a couple of them in the last year.

id="quote">
id="quote">And before you get switch, make sure you are getting power to the relay signal wire. Also make sure you have good ground on relay.

wayne1968

Ok,So after bashing my head on the steering wheel trying to figure this out,testing all the expensive parts before the next snow storm. The wires for the safety switch came in contact with the driveshaft coupling slicing the blue wire clean through. Spliced it together and it fired right off. So watch where your harnesses go check them periodically! Lesson learned. Thank all of you guys for your insite and experience. Hope I can return the favor some day.THANX.