Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

EZ Rake Manual

bowhunt4life

Hello,

I am picking up a EZ Rake Model 100 tomorrow. Was on a JD 110 and I'm going to modify to work on the FDT.

ezrake_zps3101309b.jpg

Wondering if anyone has an EZ Rake Manual or Parts List they can share with me?

I know there were EZ Rakes for the FDT's but can't find a downloadable manual online at all.

Thanks,

Chris

This is more than likely as close as you will get for a manual. I have been looking for years for a EZ Rake manual. Bluebird bought them out and the wear item parts are the same.

http://www.bluebirdintl.com/ddoc/BLUO/BLUO2003_USen/BLUO2003_USen_ER98521_.pdf

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/bluebird-d110-539011101201005-power-rake-parts-c-142829_142833_142898.html

I saw in a past thread bluebird bought them out. In order for me to convert the EZ Rake model 100 to a FDT I'm gonna have to move the pulley to the center.

Do you think Blue Bird will have longer bars that go from the drive to the pulley?

You can buy 3/4" X 2ft. and 3ft. round stock that has a keyway the full length of the shaft from McMaster-Carr that you can cut to the length you need. That will take care of that. The ones made today are towable so I doubt they are going to stock parts for 45 year old attachments.

Once I get mine put back together I am going to find me a tow behind and sell this one. Well maybe!:D I prefer the towable model.

I got mine at MSC Industrial a couple years ago.

http://www1.mscdirect.com/cgi/NNSRIT2?PMAKA=85507820&PMPXNO=6368704&cm_re=ItemDetail-_-ResultListing-_-SearchResults

I've never seen an E-Z Rake, specific, manual. I've seen advertising peices, but no parts or user literature. Unless it's just for collecting, I can't imagine needing the paperwork. They are very simple attachments, and parts wouldn't be available anyway (except for the springs/tines).

They are one of the most effective attachments I've used, but I felt the front mount was far superior to the towable. You can put that baby anywhere you like, and it operates while turning etc. The towable is tougher to get into edges, around obstacles, etc, but still works great. I think mine had a 3 horse, but the front mount on a 243431 put no noticable load on the machine, even running in 3rd gear.

Just wondering. Based on the position of the vertical pulley, could this be adapted to fit on the rear of the large frames and run off the cone clutch with a tiller drive pulley arrangement?

quote:Originally posted by stevenj

Just wondering. Based on the position of the vertical pulley, could this be adapted to fit on the rear of the large frames and run off the cone clutch with a tiller drive pulley arrangement?

id="quote">
id="quote">I have wonder that myself. I thank someone could pretty easily adapt one to mount on the rear. Just weld some mounts up in the same places that the revitalizer has them in. It is basically the same shape and size. It would be neat to find the shell and give it a try. The whole thing wouldn`t be that hard to make really. The 1" hexagon shaft that the spring tines mount to are available through Bluebird still or you could get a piece from a steel yard and turn the ends so that the bearings would fit.The exspensive part would be the springs and the 200 little spring brackets. There are a hundred springs and at $2.00 - $3.50 each would be very exspensive.

quote:Originally posted by stevenj

id="quote">
id="quote">Yes, I had one setup that way too...operated just like a tiller/Revitalizer. I'm not sure where that one ended up.

Josh, did it work ok? Can`t wait until spring. Then I am going to finish mine with a front hitch. That will be the cheapest way since I only need to adapt a blower hitch.

I wasn't a fan of the rear mount...either the lawn debris was flung at the rear of the tractor, or, if rotated the other way, you lose effectiveness as yo uincrease ground speed. Control of the unit isn't as intuitive.

Front really works well. You can point and shoot with it, covering all your turf. Don't pause long on direction shanges though, it will eat too much lawn if it sits in one spot while engaged.

I have a Simplicity "bible", 6 inch thick book with manual for nearly every option and attachment, and EZ rake is not in there either.

It is an allied attachment meaning it could be used on Simplicity equipment without voiding the warranty. Probably just like a Brinly plow. You would have to get parts & manuals from the original manufacturer.

I beleive it appears in both AC and Simplicity Allied applications. Based on EZ Rake literature, the proper hitch is the 'Model 30'. Ive seen Bolens and Deere mounted units. The Deere version was pretty neat, was belt driven and utilized their frint hydro ports. The rake had its own, independent lift cylinder and sold atlocal auction for over $600. The Bolens uses a Direct, shaft drive.

I found a gentleman who has a 4 page manual/parts list for the EZ Rake model 100. He is mailing me copies. When I get them I will most certainly post for all to enjoy.

Chris