Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Carb Main-Jet (Nozzle) Difference?

superbman101

Hey Guys I've always wanted to know the actual difference between:

390950 (Labeled B)(#40 Jet) Used Before Code Date 81101200

691966 (Labeled B) Used After Code Date 81101100

Could you interchange them? The only thing I've noticed are the number of holes in the main-jet. Is this because the new (1981+) have a larger sloped intake tube? Very puzzling sm00

I think there is a length difference in the nozzel. Larry8200 had a post on this a year or two ago. So you should beable to find it in a search. I have both kits, but to cold to go out and measure.

I've been digging around yes the length is the difference.

390950 (OLDER) 2.534"

691966 (NEWER) 2.749"

both are same size holes (4 of them)

Thanks Ray :P

I don't know if it does make a difference in pulling or not? I pull with the older short one and it seams to be fine for me. I have a 91 16hp I/c that's really got a touchy throttle. I'd go with the newer of the two if you have one because parts will be easy to get ahold of years from now

Originally posted by superbman101

I've been digging around yes the length is the difference.390950 (OLDER) 2.534" EARLY "40"id="red">691966 (NEWER) 2.749" LATE "B"id="red">both are same size holes (4 of them) .... my observation is 3/4 id="red">Thanks Ray :P

....My observation shows 3 fuel delivery holes in one and 4 in the other. The air bleed holes seem to be the same but I will have to measure them again to refresh my memory. No disagreement with length difference.