Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New England Nor'easter

DMKNLD

I know, as the saying goes, "you don't shovel potential", but it looks like the Nor'easter predicted for Friday into Saturday could result in some serious 'seat time' for fellow New Englanders, with predictions of 2'or more snow in MA and ME. "Nemo-geddon", in deference to the Weather Channels name for this winter storm, could be one for the record books! Bring it on !!

We're gonna get hammahed bud, its gonna be wicked cool. Got the wood stove cranked up, 6 loads of wood in the house last night, need to fill my last 5 gallon gas can (I keep 25 gallons on hand for the generator and tractors) get the wifes car in the garage and check all the fluids on the 3314, 5008 and the walk behind backup blower tonight!

I'm going to miss it! Darn it. In about 2 weeks, i'll get it going. Just miss it. Of course i just sold my other tractor so now i have nothing. Ho-Well

As of right now, they're forecasting 8-14" where I live, possibly more depending on the storm's track. Started up my Deutz 912H last night to make sure it's ready. I've only used it once so far this winter. Gotta love that Interstate battery. First time I've ran it since December and the battery was still strong. Gotta fill my 5 gal. gas can after work tonight.

quote:Originally posted by sb64

I'm going to miss it! Darn it. In about 2 weeks, i'll get it going. Just miss it. Of course i just sold my other tractor so now i have nothing. Ho-Well

id="quote">
id="quote">miss it? its not gonna miss you in NH :D

Spare gas cans filled, tractor gas tanks filled, walk behind blower gas tank filled, generator gas tank filled, pellet stove full of pellets, and another quarter ton in the garage.

I am ready! Bring it on!

Rick........

Sorry about my last post, i meant, i'm going to miss the opportunity to use my 728. I'll have it going in about two weeks. Yeah, i'm in the 1.5-2 foot range. Got to fill the yard truck up with the 5 gallon pail.

Sorry for the confusionsm00

Have fun fellas! Part of the storm came through here last nite...and we had a little premature snow yesterday afternoon. I pushed 6" of super wet heavy stuff after work, and just did a quickie job on another 7-8" this morning. If was far more than they called for, here.

The radar looks ominous for you guys! 2 feet sounds conservative.

Sebago lakes region maine here, currently we are getting the storm before the storm, according to the guys on TV it will snow a bit until dark then taper off a little before the BLIZZARD early evening..... I haven't been this excited about snow since I was in middle school. I will try to take some video for y'all of my 3314 with the giant 52" case plow on her...... :D

Finally got a bit of seat time, 2.5 hours last night, and about 1 hour this morning. The 6216 did the job. Was fun to be out and see how much we had to move. Thinking about 5-6". Did 5 neighbors drives, so hoping for more chocolate chip cookies. Of course the plow can thru as I was walking back to the house this morning, so one more time....

Got my 314H started last night. Spent a few minutes freeing the throttle and choke cables as they were frozen. Much shaking and spraying of WD40 got rid of water and both are working fine. My only regret is that I have a 4041 tucked away in the barn. Did not bother to hook up snow blower because we have had so little snow last two years.

But the 314H should work fine.

quote:Originally posted by Architectdave

Sebago lakes region maine here, currently we are getting the storm before the storm, according to the guys on TV it will snow a bit until dark then taper off a little before the BLIZZARD early evening..... I haven't been this excited about snow since I was in middle school. I will try to take some video for y'all of my 3314 with the giant 52" case plow on her...... :D

id="quote">
id="quote">If that snow is heavy like they say, you won't be using much of that blade. I think I was using about half of my 46" to push 6" of that heavy stuff. Bout all she would do with the weight I have on the rear, but I was running probably 60' passes at full angle. This morning's snow was a bit drier, and not as sticky. I could take a full blade, but it was coming over the top. Got some serious blower work ahead of me this afternoon.I can't wait for your vid's! dOd

First time I got to get tractor time with 7116 and 36" blower. I am impreseed. ATV tires make good snow tires for me, powered spout and rotator makes things go quicker.

912 blower.jpg

I hear ya, I will be plowing later tonight, again early in the morning and then again tomorrow. Gramps 3314H does pretty well and I do the same thing you do with and angled plow.Gonna be so much fun.

Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
quote:
id="quote">

Bob, the Dunlop ATV tires I have on the 716H are undoubtedly the best AG tires I have ever had. I have had Carlisle 10.5s, Carlisle 12s, and Nankang 10.5s. All of them work much better than turfs, and I have never put chains on any of the AGs. The ATV tires just flex to fit the ground better, and clean themselves very well. They even work great on packed snow and ice.

We've got about 5" already of champagne powder from the pre-storm here in central Maine, so it looks like "Nemo" is poised to live up to all the Weather Channel hype for a record breaking blizzard.

With a prediction of 2'+ in our area, and 3 - 4' drifts, I'm planning on multiple rounds of snowblowing tonight and tomorrow with the 7114, with my 42" blower certainly going to get a good workout, and a fresh engine rebuild and a hard cab will be worth every dime I spent !

My Serf performed admirably last night, all five horses earned their oats, that's fer sure!!:D:D

I open the garage door and turn on my four high output 8'ers and light up the whole driveway.

What usually takes less than 10 minutes took a whole half hour.

We had over 6" on the ground. It quit snowing WHILE I was on my way home from work.

We are located in the path of Nemo-geddon. Supposed to get 20 inches tonight with blizzard winds and ten more inches tomorrow.

I am fortunate in having an embankment I can dump snow over.

I put the 72" bucket on my Bobcat B 250 BH/loader and will dig and dump the most of it.

The 46" springer blade on the Sovereign 18 Hydro is just super for clean up work after the tons of snow have been removed.

The poor LL 101 sits lonely with it's snow blower, waiting for a storm that dumps enough snow or not too much or not too wet. It has never happened yet with the odd weather we get here, living right close on the ocean.

Out here in Southwestern Canuckistan, it's actually quite temperate... We've been above freezing for a couple weeks and there's another week at least to go... A very mild february. It's melting away all that hard earned snow we had. I did get some seat time this winter but not nearly enough... I'm sure my turn is coming.But my fleet is all ready to go:

fleet.jpg

fleet.jpg.85485f1fb36f01f2ebf9d960dedac46e.jpg