Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anyone Know

MPH

If a loader mounted on a wards Gilson, about "77 year model is the same as the ones we love and drull over? I looked at one a guy brought to Tok last summer, sure looks close to the same. He called me this morning and wants 500 bucks for it, which is what he paid plus the gas to haul it up from Anchorage. I had missed it on craigslist because of being too bussy with my bugs. The gilsons is in none running real rough shape, with a 16hp briggs that has compression and no spark, far as he got looking into it.

Well to me I think you could mod a loader to fit on the tractor. But to me sounds like it might be on there now :) but if your getting a tractor and a loader for the price you stated. I'd buy it now cause loaders don't come cheap around here 1000.00 or up. Just my 2 cents worth

Marty,

Down here I would say the price is high or low depending on how high or low your desire is to own a rare FEL.

These rare attachments are getting so scarce I can't imagine the value going anywhere but up, going forward. It sure beats any other investment I can think of.

Marty

$500 and loader in the same sentence seems like a deal to me. 16 hp Briggs, getting spark could just be a condenser and cleaning. Would not be the first time you bought a Gilson and stripped it out would it?

If you do not have a loader, and it is really not a rusted out basket case, sounds like a buy to me.

Of course pictures would make it easier :D

A Gilson built wards is a decent machine. Fairly heavy.

I would look into it at least.

If the Gilson has the variable, and it gives you trouble, take the variable pulley off the gear box and trash it, replace it with a spindle pulley from a B series deck. :D:D

I've seen some things you've built, I'd get it. ;);)

Your right Greg on having had a few gilsons around, they come cast iron briggs.^

If I remember right this one is a hydro Dan and I agree they are a fairly heavy built tractor, as long as you don't have to change attachments on them. Pretty sure this one is the same tractor O gave to a friend for his mom to drive around as she's almost blind and won't drive the car anymore. He was keeping an eye on my place the 9 years I worked away from home in Delta.

If I took pics now I'd bet all you see is a a pile of snow, but I think my bee cash fund lost 500 bucks, been wanting a loader since I got involved in these tractors.

You'll love it Marty dOd My loader Fab & Fit was my favorite project I've ever done...I'm sure it will be worth the time/work you put into it.

can't wait to see it...Good Luck sm01

Once you have a loader you'll wonder how

you ever got by with out one.

I use mine for about anything,being an old fart

I don't enjoy lifting and it doesn't seem to mind

doing my lifting for me.:D