Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

bgeoffreyburnham

need help with belt replacement

bgeoffreyburnham

Hi,

I have a Simplicity Landlord with a snowthrower attachment ( #1692040, or 1692041) and need to replace the belt. I need help for the path it takes and wondered if anyone could help me out. I have pretty much figured it out except on the rear pulleys,the one on the right hand side, as you sit on the tractor. The old belt was threaded such that it came in on the top of the pulley, down the back, THEN as it was moving towards the front of the tractor, the belt went UP over a part called the BELT STOP which at the moment is half way UP the side of the pulley that faces the front of the tractor. This makes the belt aim way up towards the underside of the tractor, rather than in a more direct path towards the snowthrower head. I am wondering if the Belt stop, somehow got pushed up in that direction and SHOULD be along the bottom of this pulley. This would allow the belt to go more towards the front as it looks as if it should go. I have the manual but the drawing obscures that exact portion of the belt that I need, But in the drawing, the Belt stop appears to be be positioned such that it is pointing towards the ground not towards the front of the tractor... any help will be greatly appreciated!! I am trying to dig out of the monster storm that dumped 38 inches of snow!!! Also if anyone has the dimensions of this belt, I would really appreciate that as well.

Geoff

bgeoffreyburnham

Hi Ray, Thanks for the diagram. It looks like the same one I have but my question is this. Should the Belt stop (part #3 in the diagram) be positioned in such a way that the arm of it, for lack of a better term, is pointing to 6 o'clock as it appears in that diagram, rather than 9 o'clock it is on my machine currently? Also, when replacing the belt, I presume it is necessary to remove this belt stop to get the new belt on,correct?

BLT I will have to find out my tractor number when I get home...at work presently... Thanks for your time

Geoff