Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gem in the ROUGH

MPH

Robbed my honey money bank of 500 bucks an went and got the Wards Loader. From some reading I did on google they are built by Johnson.First I had to find my trailer

2.10TrailerHunt.jpg

Got it

2.10TrailerFound.jpg

Loaded and back home

FEL.LtFnt.jpg

2.10FEL.RtFnt.jpg

2.10FEL.Rear.jpg

They flushed the oil, and had it turning over, has compression, no spark, not sure if he checked the points or not, said he was planning on pulling the flywheel next. Drive shaft is unhooked and all in all in need of lots of TLC. But, the loader is straight.

2.10TrailerHunt.jpg.0c7857f31cf744e84e99da1ee41618a8.jpg

2.10TrailerFound.jpg.591e7f667644f49e4df625713e165b7d.jpg

FEL.LtFnt.jpg.225ac30ee86e531d94434f13ed203710.jpg

2.10FEL.RtFnt.jpg.59a9b295fdbdcdd4721ace3ccba1d23d.jpg

2.10FEL_Rear.jpg.8e74ea79671b08322e7b7a4dd97a45c5.jpg

Sweet deal on a nice loader. Next time it will be a breeze finding your trailer in the snow with the new loader! Very nice!

Great grab! Those little loaders are incredibly handy. $500 is a really good price, considering how many different uses you'll find for it.

Great grab Marty! I always thought those Johnson's lookded pretty stout for their GT application. I'm not sure I see the 'rough' in the pictures though. That's a clean setup! Even the Monkey Ward looks good.

dOddOd

If this Wards will run I will likely leave the loader on it as it's a hydro. Only Simplicity I have that's a working hydro is my 3314, it mows the yard. Plus, I may hack it enough to make a foot control hydro since I was only born with 2 arms.

Who built the Simplicity Loader? Know I knew once.

Nice grab! As far as I know henery loader in Kansas built the loaders for the B-1+B-10. As for the L-10+12 I would assume henry also built those, but not sure.

Excellent haul there Marty.

Henry MFG built the B series loader

Think Ark built them for the 300-400 series

Ark built Loaders for Power Max and 616-720s

Congrats Marty!!! That loader looks VERY heavy duty, Even has large bucket tilt cylinders.

I too would leave it on that tractor...saves you ALOT of fab & fit work. Cant wait to see it in action...

Your gonna love having it around the property. you'll find dozens of uses for it

PS...$500 is a steal dOd

Nice Marty! You won't be sorry if you get the tractor up and running, I had one like it only gear drive with variable, it was a tough machine, built by Gilson. I pounded mine hard and it just kept going.

Have fun!

Steve

excellent find dOd i may just have a owners manual on file for that loader. let me know if you need any wards info . i have connections with some wards collectors.

hey marty , send me a PM with your direct email . i have pictures i can send of my buddys same wards tractor with loader. it's converted over to foot control . maybe you can get some ideas from the pics.

Hope you find that the Wards/Gilson hydro works well for you. I parted out an earlier model Gilson because the hydro had failed, and it was a sealed unit that you couldn't even change the fluid in...

Marty, I am with you. I would get the tractor running and use it as is. If the tractor is not worth fixing up, then change the loader to a Simplicity and junk the tractor.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• airgunner
    • mbsengineer
    • BLT
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts