Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Favorite Attachment

sb64

Oh boy....that's like picking a favorite child!

I think there was a recent topic on this or something similar. Most used, maybe it was? It changes. At this point, a loader is awful hard to beat, but there is a contender. I try to not consider what I use most, but rather, what I enjoy most. Loader, Sweepster, Weedcutter, Moldboard, Dozer, Earthcavator are all a ball.

Today, I'm going to have to vote:

*Loader*

loader, followed closely by moldboard plow.

I don't use the plow much; I just really like watching it rip through the ground and roll the sod over. It's mesmerizing. :D

quote:Originally posted by huffy

It's mesmerizing. :D

id="quote">
id="quote">It is...it's like the machine was just meant to do it! OO Sadly, I don't have many opportunities to do so.

quote:Sadly, I don't have many opportunities to do so.id="quote">
id="quote">

Me neither. We've seriously gotta try to find some farmer to let us use one of his fields for a plow day.

Well Josh and chris I'm working with a farmer to have a plow day. In the near but he wants to wait till after wheat is the done :( so that's next year though

Loader.....and by far the most fun to use. followed by a 46" dozer blade...also fun to use...But the hardest working is the mower decks, they do grass & ALOT of leaves-collection duties

Loader for me. Since I've owned my loader I have retired the pitch fork and shovel for the horse manure on our hobby farm. The loader and mini manure spreader are worth their weight in gold.

B10LoaderBigTenSpreader.jpg

I have a favorite attachment for each of my three machines.

In first place.

The snowblower on my Serf. I never knew 5hp and 27" could throw snow that far.

Second,

My Brinly plow,

And third,

The 32" deck on my Wonder-Boy,,,,, stripee stripee:D:D

The moldboard behind my B-10 is a HOOT! I plow every chance I get, and sometimes make up chances when required.

After the farmer got the beans off of my dads land, I took the plow and tiller up and let er rip. Some Mennonites passing by actually parked on the road and watched pretty much the whole operation as I plowed and tilled about a 1/4 acre.

Of course, I was working on a Sunday, so maybe they were praying for me.

But I think they were watching, with just a touch of envy. Sinners.

well considering ive only used a 42" deck,blade,blower 48" deck and 46" dozer. and a trailer.

im kinda tore between the 42" blower and the 46" blade. but the dozer blade wins for one reason.....

YOU GET TO PUSH STUFF OVER THE BERM AND FEEL AWESOME!

its just too much fun its like you can move the earth at your will and nothing can challenge you haha.

its just soo much fun pushing snow with that blade, i love how so little really stops that tractor from pushing snow. can't get enough of it.

i think i need more attachments, hmmm i should hook up my tiller this year and give that a whirl i suppose.

MDB just has to rub it in! I vote for my tiller. I love gardening, and the tiller on the B10 does a great job. My father has owned TroyBuilt for years, and was impressed at the tiller, and the cost at which I purchased it.

I have a loader that's fun, but it needs some work as it is painfully slow. The snowblower is a close second, here in CNY. I haven't used my sickle bar mower or hammer mill, so I'll let you know when anything changes.

My favorite attachment is one I dont own, and seldom used when I did own one. It is the 46" sickle mower. I think they are just the neatest thing to watch and use.