Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Grass or Snow?

Architectdave

Would you rather mow grass or move snow? Cold aside I like moving snow with the blade but there is nothing like a warm summer day relaxing after you have all the yard work done.....okay im ready for summer now....

I prefer plowing or blowing snow. For me that is relaxing. That said I missed doing that during Maine's last storm. I had to work for the three days the storm hit.

Besides aren't summers for boating, hiking, biking, and grilling?

Rick........

the smell of fresh cut grass on a nice sunny day (80 degree temp)and a cold beer while your washing your tractor (in a short sleeve shirt)while all the neighbors envey your yard. :D

Right now I'd say mowing, as I'm sick of snow. But ask me again in the summer when I've become sick of mowing and you'll probably get the opposite answer.

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Snow. I enjoy nice stripes, but in the summer I like to drink beer on the boat and kill stuff on the grill dOd

id="quote">
id="quote">I think you mean "BURN" stuff on the grill.:D:DCows today don't quite fit on the grille.:o:OLive animals kinda flop around too much.Snow,Because the prevailing wind blows in such a way that I don't require a cab.

I like both, but probably snow a bit more, only because I can blow out the neighbors drives for more seat time, and they really appreciate the help at the same time, so we both win. Haven't tried to mow neighbors grass yet, but you never know!

Both. Snow right now because I got a new plow. Cutting grass is fun too but I hate having clippings in every crevice on the tractor.

I like plowing rather than blowing snow in the winter

and mowing lush green grass in the summer.

Unfortunately, we haven't had any snow to speak of the last 2 winters and last summer it got so dry here in northern Illinois that I didn't mow at all during the months of July and August. All I could do is watch about 25% of my grass die. With a well and 3/4 of an acre, watering is out of the question. Burn baby, burn.

? ? ? S N O W ? ? ?

I barley remember the stuff. I would love to be out plowing or blowing snow, at least a few times...

I live in the midwest snow belt, we usually get hammared by lake effect but I've yet to get a good snowfall this winter. 4" once, melted in a few days...:(

Grass-- My body just don't like these cold days anymore. The smell of the grass along with the strips . And the smoke rolling out of the smoker is all a good day. Then to kick back with a captin

Mowing, love the smell of fresh-cut grass and the cool reward after the "tough" job is finished. May be a different story if we actually got a decent amount of snow on a regular basis. Central Ohio kinda blows when it comes to that. Tractor sits most of the time after grass cutting/leave bagging is done.

If you give me a Legacy 4 X 4 with the glass cab and heater I'LL blow snow but when you're sitting there with the wind blowing that fine wet snow in your face and its zero out you can have the job. Can cut grass in shorts and a T-shirt. Thanks anyway8D8D

I think I still like pushing snow with the blade better than mowing, but I have a cab and my FTD still needs a trans overhaul to be mowing again. Maybe ask me again next year......