Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Talntedmrgreen

Sweepster Video

Talntedmrgreen

I was hoping for 3-4" or more, and we ended up with 1". It would have probably vanished on it's own, but what fun is that?

So, upon request, here's a few minutes of the Sweepster in action. ^ I'm still getting the hang of it and can't wait for a snowfall that makes it grunt.

Talntedmrgreen

I really have no idea...depends on the type of snow. Theu are calling for 3" this afternoon and that looks likely so maybe more video soon. One on the operation of the unit for sure!

mwells

Looks like she's working good for you! I would say 5inches is the deepest I would want to run it in, it will go through more, you just have to have space to put the snow and drive slower besides at 5in that's plenty deep for the blower so I just used that! Lol

BLT

Brooming 101, you need to run the broom @ WOT just like snowblowing and barely come in contact with the surface as the broom bristles will really consume HP if the rotor is pressed downward. Also if the the broom has metal bristles, they will cut grooves in the surface if left running im one spott. Been there.:D

timflury
quote:Originally posted by BLT

Brooming 101, you need to run the broom @ WOT just like snowblowing and barely come in contact with the surface as the broom bristles will really consume HP if the rotor is pressed downward. Also if the the broom has metal bristles, they will cut grooves in the surface if left running im one spott. Been there.:D

id="quote">
id="quote">That's true Bob.The manufacturer recommends a specific contact width measured on the side of the broom to allow proper sweeping and minimal wear to the bristles.There are plastic, and metal bristles. Their difference???Plastic bristles are considered non-sparking. They are required for use on flight lines, aircraft parking areas, and places where fuel vapors are present. The metal bristles last much longer than a plastic bristle of the same length.Back in the day, I set up and "summerized" the runway sweepers and snow brooms.

HubbardRA

I have heard several times that those brooms will clear up to 8 inches of snow.

Been looking for one myself for several years. Not many in this area. I checked on one for a Cub Cadet, but the owner thought it was made of gold or platinum from his price. I didn't want to pay $1200 for a Sweepster, myself.

GLPointon

SWEET!!!

A buddy of mine has a big sweeper attachment (on a big Ford tractor) for sweeping his streets before repaving (he's a real estate developer) He found out the Expensive way not to use downward force to make it sweep harder...He wore away a new set of brooms in a day or two $$$...wheels (or skid shoes) would prevent that.

That is a great tool!

Josh you have a knack for aquiring cool attachments dOd

Talntedmrgreen

Thanks guys...glad you enjoyed. Our snows have been minimal...an inch or so each day, which the broom is ideal for, but I'm looking for more of a workout. It's been sub 20*, and my neighbor's drives are ice rinks from the packed snow, so it's definitely benefiting me.

Thanks to Ray, I was able to ditch the bulky weight box from my loader setup, and use the suitcase weights I had picked up. It works perfectly with 4 weights, adding 172# to the rear. I don't need more than that for the loader, and for bare AG's in the snow, it helps. I still slip some but the broom almost eliminates slickness from the drive as I work.

20130217_103605.jpg

20130217_103546.jpg

20130217_103539.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Cityboy
    • MARK (LI)
    • cruzer
    • IHITDPOST
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• F.U.N.

F.U.N.  »  sandyhillbill

Dear Sandhillbill
      Can you please copy me on this data, for Sun Star parts list.
      :
      September 12, 2004 Mike I sent you a PM and have all the mfgs. available for the tiller/hitch/pto/liftgroup if you need me to send them to you. Let me know. Thanks, F.U.N.    
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Club banners are available  for members use during show season https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/57849-simpletractors-club-banners-available/

· 0 replies
  • Adverts