Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

16hp Briggs and B10

bowhunt4life

Sure will.

Footprint is the same, shaft height is the same.

It should have the short dipstick near the bottom of the block. If it has the tall one behind the generator, it will end up under the grill frame without a little tweaking.

my bigten has a 16hp with long dipstick out of the block . the grill mount has a round hole cut into it to check oil. i put a 10hp oil pan on it to be able to check the oil without pulling the hood.

10 thru 16 HP Briggs engines have the same envelope dimensions. The only difference is in the 30 CID engines and a few 32 CID engine is that the synchro balance is mounted on the PTO side and some clearance notching is needed to fit them in the round hoods. I R a student of that. My 101 is a 12HP powered tractor.;)

On Engines with the tall dipstick threaded into the block itself, I usually unscrew the dipstick/pipe from the block and install a flush allenhead plug. Then I put a B series stlye pan, with the oil check plug in the pan, on the engine and bolt the engine into the tractor as normal.

May we see some pictures please? Thanks!

quote:Originally posted by osenga

Yep the above is all said well. My 16hp fit in my B10 just great and no mods. Had to be made

id="quote">
id="quote">

Sure Does fit!We have 3 Tractors with 16hp engines in them. B10, B10, and B110.Here is the B110 Taking it apart to restore after puller down trees in the woods :P

b11016hp.jpg

b11016hp.jpg.1f2f404552cbf6d79bac751269b40d18.jpg

• 1 month later...

Is the 16 HP motor that is used to repower B10's and B12's of the same type as the original engines(singe cylinder cast iron Briggs)? What model tractors are these 16 HP engines coming from?

quote:Originally posted by aspeltz1

Is the 16 HP motor that is used to repower B10's and B12's of the same type as the original engines(singe cylinder cast iron Briggs)? What model tractors are these 16 HP engines coming from?

id="quote">
id="quote">3415 thru 7016 tractors with starter generators (belt drive).

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what I will need to do to install vanguard v-twin into my simplicity Baron 3414s. I has a sick single cylinder briggs 14 hp in there now. tahnks

Paul, below is a link to installing a Vanguard.

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=86413&SearchTerms=vanguard

There is quite a bit of info. in the archives. Seen a Kohler Command in a 7016 the other day on another site. The Kohler Command takes up more room than either a Briggs Vanguard or a Honda. Space would be limited but it can be done.

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/search.asp?sectionid=4