Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7119 H Attachment Recommendations

tdarin176

My grandfather just passed his Simplicity 7119 H garden tractor down to me and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions where I can find some OEM or aftermarket ground breaking attachments or if anyone has had good luck with a certain brand. Thanks in advance, Randy.

Thank you goat, this looks like a great site. I'm very excited to put this garden tractor to work! I cant believe how great shape this 7119 H is in, like brand new. Only has 413 hours on it. I will do like you said and check the classifieds. Warm regards, Randy.

Brinley makes alot of attachments for your tractor. and of course "most" impliments made by or for Simplicity or Allis Chalmers will fit also...

We have a "what fits" page on SimpleTractors that may help too. Any questions--Just ask, this site is a wealth of info, knowladge and helpful people....Welcome sm01

Welcome to the club, Anthony!

You might start by doing some research. Many of the attachments available for your 7119H were manufactured for years before and after that model year, and will fit (in some cases with slightly different mounting brackets).

There are many options that are OEM, a partial list: tillers, mower decks, sickle bars, revitalizers, blowers, weed cutters, plows both snow, dirt and cultivation. After market there are still more things available, loaders, ez rakes, brooms, etc.

These items can be found on Craigs list, e-bay, this site, local classifieds, Simplicity Dealerships, etc., but you will find they are not always easy to come by. Half the fun is searching. Like the rest of us, you will likely find yourself one day with another tractor, because it came with an attachment or two that you wanted. Then you will keep what you want and re-sell, or horse trade. Eventually, you might even build up a complete set of attachments and a collection of tractors. You never know.........8D

Thanks Greg! You guys are fantastic. Within 15 minutes Ive had several responses to my posts. Ill be sure to check out Brinley soon! Best wishes, Randy.

I read your ad, and what you want for what you intend to do is probably a Brinly moldboard plow to break the ground and also a roto tiller attachment.

Plows , you just need to make sure the coulter wheel is there and not damaged or stuck, and the mouldboard should not be damaged or heavily rusted or pitted.

Tillers should not have any play in the tineshaft bearings, nor should there be alot of play in the internal chain drive IE when you turn the drive pulley the tines should move without much delay.

Both of those first require your tractor to have a rear attacment lift setup and the plow will require the Brinley hitch that works in conjunction with the rear lift.

Local consignment auctions are also a great place to buy tractor stuff reasonable when it shows up.

Welcome to the club!!

We would LOVE to see some pics of your grandfathers machine. Be sure to post a few when you find the time! Again, Welcome

Fishnwiz

Sam, thanks for the info! I checked it out and it looks pretty reasonably priced for new equipment. Do you think the mouldboard plow and a heavier disc would break up the ground good enough or is the tiller the way to go? It would sure be a little cheaper. Thanks in advance.

quote:Originally posted by tdarin176

Sam, thanks for the info! I checked it out and it looks pretty reasonably priced for new equipment. Do you think the mouldboard plow and a heavier disc would break up the ground good enough or is the tiller the way to go? It would sure be a little cheaper. Thanks in advance.

id="quote">
id="quote">Its just what suits you really. Run over it with a disk with enough weight on it , enough times, and it will plant just fine. Its what everyone used for years till tillers ame along.After years of collecting up & trying different stuff, I usually run the plow first and then grind it all up with the tiller afterwards. I have a disk but really havnt used it much myself since I have tillers too.

Your in my area, look at Blains Farm and Fleet or a Rural king for the Brinley attachments also I highly recommend the machines from Swisher, very heavy duty stuff, google all for websites and locations. Oh and welcome to the club, not sure where you are but I'm just a phone call away if you need help.

Very nice gift from your Grandfather. This is a tractor were I in your shoes that I would spare no expense in restoring and keeping fit for use. Some tractors, you just want to do the minimum to keep going - for whatever reason, but when it comes from a parent or grandparent, for me, it's a different game.

First thing I would do, again were I you, is relax and enjoy the tractor. Learn it's ins/outs, get the oil changes, basic maintenance done and read/search this forum for info about the tractor - and other's experiences with them. Once you know the landscape, you can begin to see which implements are desirable and what a decent price is for one of them.

Take your time, savor the tractor and what you can do with it, lay plans for implements and upgrades, enjoy the ride. Consider the tractor a long book and you are in the first chapter. Lots of reading to do.

Good luck,

Bill