Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pwr Max, AC 720 at Plow Days

michics

Hello All, I'm a new member to the site. I'm in process of tracking down a AC 720 with the intent to participate in Plow Day events.

I'd like to hear comments , opinions on how these tractors work with a plow behind it.

Seems to me that with the heavy weight, weight distribution, large rear tires, 3 speed ranges, 3 pt hitch, and 20hp Onan, they should work pretty good. Need to add a little variety to the PD's to compete against all JD 430's.

Appreciate you reply's.

Thanks

Mike

They work very well. But you need the slim cleat tractor tread tires to plow with as the wider floatation tires ride out of the furrow and won't allow the angle the plow needs to draft correctly.

I have a plow I'd let go of if interested. I never use it so not much need in keeping it.

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the site!You have come to the right place as the knowledge on this site is AWESOME.Good luck on your hunt and be sure to post pics and a story if you are successful on your hunt!

Mark

Welcome to the club.

The 720 is a sweet ride. I had one 2 years ago but there a really strong tractor and they do one awesome job for whatever you can put to it.

The only reasons I ever sold mine was due to space and still don't have any space now. But you will like the 720 when you get one for sure. Let us know when you get one.

Thanks for the welcome and replies. I was already pretty convinced this is the way to go. You guys just confirmed my sanity test.

Now, on with the search. Spring is coming.

Mike

Thanks for the welcome and replies. I was already pretty convinced this is the way to go. You guys just confirmed my sanity test.

Now, on with the search. Spring is coming.

Mike

Welcome Mike,I agree that a Powermax is an extremely capable machine.But a "lowly" 10hp Landlord is more than capable of pulling a plow, even though it is only one bottom and 10" wide. The Deere guys are impressed with my plowing abilities.I've got some photos floating around in here somewhere, I'll post some from my home computer.Just don't be the guy trying to pull a plow with the flotation turf style tires set wide apart. :D:DIf there's a plowday close to you, post it in the "Events and Gatherings" section. You never know who might load up and drive down to show the Deere guys up.;);)

Plowday6.jpg

Plowin.jpg

Plowday6.jpg.242adcf068de7e5d9dfacde02f749583.jpg

Plowin.jpg.91a5edfddafeb6cda5659ca28f8b3a4a.jpg

quote:Originally posted by timflury

Welcome Mike,I agree that a Powermax is an extremely capable machine.But a "lowly" 10hp Landlord is more than capable of pulling a plow, even though it is only one bottom and 10" wide. The Deere guys are impressed with my plowing abilities.I've got some photos floating around in here somewhere, I'll post some from my home computer.Just don't be the guy trying to pull a plow with the flotation turf style tires set wide apart. :D:DIf there's a plowday close to you, post it in the "Events and Gatherings" section. You never know who might load up and drive down to show the Deere guys up.;);)

id="quote">
id="quote">Tim, Yep I've been impressed with how some the small hp. tractors pull a plow. I've currently got a Cub 782 with 12" Brinly. But I've always liked bigger and more power. And yes, I know that true Ag tires are the way to go.There's no plow days coming up around here. I will likely go to rn Wisconsin in April for a couple. There's one in Beaver Dam in late April you might be interested in. Jump over to the Green tractor site ( Weekend Freedom Machines ) and checkout the events. Most all the events get listed there.

quote:Originally posted by Marty-MN

the 720 has a double bottom and pulls it with ease

plowing I.jpg

id="quote">
id="quote">Where is THAT plow day!? That's my kinda plowin'...no green in sight!