Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ac g tractor

rm

Very bizarre and unique = VERY COOL!!

I think all the ground attachments were mid/front mounted?? but not certain?? Undoubtedly one of the most unique "light farm tractors" ever made. 8D

I don't think I've been to a show in these parts that didn't have several...they are extremely popular around here, and still used for cultivation in greenhouses, which we have LOTS of. They do fetch a good price though, but not nearly as much as that listing. I'd say $3000 is average here.

This one is a bit more, but appears original and has 3 attachments

http://centralmich.craigslist.org/grd/3615659349.html

Allis G's are bringing good money these days. $2500 to $5000+ depending on condition and accessories and implements.

The one listed above assuming the engine is strong and all other mechanicals are good is a $3000 to $3500 tractor at most.

It would only be good for hauling a cart or wagon.

Without any kind of lifting mechanism or pto you cannot take full advantage of this tractors capabilities.

I've owned a bunch of G's (20+)over the years,pretty neat little tractors to play with but unless the ground is flat and sandy they are way underpowered.I have cultivated alot of sweet corn with them but mostly in the sublow gear that doesn't show on the shift pattern.

All the critical stuff that makes them a useful tractor is missing on that tractor.I have a modernized G clone of sorts a Hines H-1600 looks very similar to a G but it is hydrostatic drive,has front and mid Cat 0 3pt hitches,hydraulic lift and exceptional cultivating tractor.If AC had used the B/C engine and beefed up the axles in the G

they'd of had a great tractor.

Yep, Tuff-Bilt is made near Scottsboro, AL. From a distance, you would think it is a G. I believe the guy has built them with a PTO and a hydro lift. I know of one locally with a Kubota engine that is a neat tractor. But, even a Farmall Cub will run circles around it, and a cub is basically a riding lawnmower with a higher seat than most.

A Cub will run circles around it until the cultivators or plow is dropped in the ground and then the Tuff-Bilt with 2X the HP will go ahead.My Hines when doing something like cultivating will run circles around a Cub,G or a Massey Harris Pony.I've owned and worked all of them at one time or another BTW.

Problem with a G and any AC Is there isnt enough weight in the butt end of them. With a G you can walk up to the front end and lift it up off the ground lol

The tuff-bilt website: http://www.tuff-bilt.com/The owners name is Roland Mathews, a real nice guy.My Granddaughter and I visited the operation a few years back.Mr. Mathews spent several hours showing us and explaining his operation. I personally think the tuff-bilt tractor is the modern day version of the Allis-Chalmers G

quote:Originally posted by acfarmer

There is a company I think in Alabama called Tuff-Bilt that still makes a tractor very similar to a G and its priced pretty reasonable.

id="quote">
id="quote">