Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
leadslingingdaddy

New Memeber from MD

leadslingingdaddy

First time posting here...Just picked up 2 Sunstar 20's. One with a Mag and the Diff Lock and the other with a Command and no Diff Lock.

The Mag SS has 500hrs where the Command has 1400, now that could come from the key being left on also....

Both are in pretty good shape and the Mag Sunstar runs great. I have to pull the starter on the Command, it seems to be turning over slow..

The wife had a Sunstar about 5 years ago and threw a rod with the Mag engine. Sold that and happen to get these two for a good price..

I'm normally a Cub Cadet guy but appreciate all well built machines..

Will try to post some pics later on...

Neither have the rear PTO or 3pt lift on the back just 48" decks..

and 2 speed rearends...

Randy

steve-wis

Welcome to the club! I have smaller tractors, but the sunstar is a very well built machine. Any questions you might have, just ask, lots of guys here that are very knowledgeable and always ready to help out.

Steve

HubbardRA

Randy, you may want to get hold of Ambler who also lives in Frederick MD. He also has several Sunstars, even a couple parts tractors. At least he did a couple years ago when I was last at his house.

leadslingingdaddy

I will do that Hubbard thanks for the info. Been hit by that flu going around and havent really felt like going out in the cold to take some pics....Maybe today I will get the courage to brave the storm!

acfarmer

I'm a big Sunstar fan and a Sunstar owner and I have a couple of Cub Cadets a 2182 with the 3 cylinder Kubota gas engine and a 1782 with

the 3 cylinder diesel engine.Just about 100 miles due South of you.