Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally got to blow some snow

Kenh

We got about five inches or so last night. 22 degrees this morning so the temp was more or less pleasant. The ol' 7119 fired right up and I let it warm up while I scooped in front to the garage doors.

I started blowing and my does it do a nice job. The 42 inch blower is so nice as it gives me a little wiggle room when backing up. I got about a third done and the engine started to run real ragged, just like when the coil was acting up. :(!:(! The amp meter doesn't work so was thinking maybe the battery was low. I shut the lights off with no change in the engine. I kept going and low and behold it straitened itself out. Turned the lights back on and ran the rest of the time like that. Maybe some crap in the carb???

Somebody mentioned the 7119 would be a monster in the snow and it was. It was also a very thirsty dog:) as was also mentioned.

I had one little oops as I lifted the blower to high and the belt rubbed on something and was making a little smoke:O MY BAD on that part!

More show on Saturday PM & Sunday. Woo Hoo.... I think....

Ken

I had loaded the gas tank with a bunch of "cleaner outer" stuff. It had been setting all winter waiting for some action. I guess it just need to get limbered up to run really good.

My hand injury from last May gave me more trouble this morning than anything. I fly radio control airplanes and I stuck my left hand in a prop. YES a real dumbcensored.gifattack on my part. My index, middle and ring fingers get cold easy.

KEEP YOUR HANDS OUT OF THINGS THAT GO ROUND.

Ken

Crapinthecarb is common disorder that is sounds like your machine was able to overcome quickly. You're lucky...many machines find this to be a fatal, or at the very least, a chronic disease.

I like your story! (better with pics) Super nice tractors...