Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Moldboard

huffy

Picked this up yesterday for $50. I was surprised when I went to pick it up. Unlike most things on CL, this actually looks a lot cleaner than it does in the pic.

moldboard plow.JPG

I'd been looking for one for quite some time, but they don't pop up on CL that often near me. This one should be a good replacement for the old David Bradley walk behind plow that I've been using.

2011_1224Landlord0002.JPG

57e05787696fe_moldboardplow.JPG.d561e8745a810bbe542760c0b2e9d685.JPG

2011_1224Landlord0002.JPG.557b356df680f905f5750cd1d924b20d.JPG

Chris at that price find me a couple too. But yet that's a great find/save. Now put it to some good work this spring and drop some pics of it in action

quote:Originally posted by MPH

It pains me people let them get all rust pitted like that.

id="quote">
id="quote">It really isn't pitted. Just a little surface rust. It cleaned right off.

quote:Just curious...Anyone know the orgin of the name "Moldboard"?

id="quote">
id="quote">

I read somewhere that "mold" is the Old German word for soil. I looked "mold" up in Websters, and one of the definitions given is "crumbling soft friable earth suited to plant growth: soil; esp: soil rich in humus."

quote: I read somewhere that "mold" is the Old German word for soil. I looked "mold" up in Websters, and one of the definitions given is "crumbling soft friable earth suited to plant growth: soil; esp: soil rich in humus."id="quote">
id="quote">

Learned something new today.dOd