Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1973 homelite t-10

tcrater

Hello, I am new to the club my name is tom.I have a t-10 homelite 1973 rider .I had given it home make over about 15 years ago but since this is my work tractor it is time for another make over.I am trying to find some place to buy spinals for the mower deck. As i miss mowing with this rider. If anybody knows of a source please e-mail me Thank-You Tom c

Thomas:

Welcome to the club. You'll have better luck getting an answer to your question if you re-post it in the Talking Tractors forum. This forum is really just for questions about how to use something on the site itself, and gets little traffic.

Tom -

The T-10 model was made in 2 different styles:

The T-10 that was made by Simplicity was a small-frame lawn tractor

like a Simplicity Broadmoor, with a verticle shaft engine.

The other T-10, made by AC at their SC plant, was a large-frame

garden tractor with a horizontal shaft engine.

The Mfr Number on the ID plate can also help to tell the difference.

These are completely different tractors and will require different parts.

Tom

quote:Originally posted by TomSchmit

Tom -The T-10 model was made in 2 different styles:The T-10 that was made by Simplicity was a small-frame lawn tractorlike a Simplicity Broadmoor, with a verticle shaft engine.The other T-10, made by AC at their SC plant, was a large-framegarden tractor with a horizontal shaft engine.The Mfr Number on the ID plate can also help to tell the difference.These are completely different tractors and will require different parts.Tom

id="quote">
id="quote">The small frame Simplicity built Broadmoor style 10 was a CT-10. They also made a T-8, same style. However, Simplicity also made a T-10 large frame with a 3 speed manual transmission.Its kinda interesting in that the Allis built T-10's had a 6-speed transmission setup, which did not migrate to Simplicity until the second generation 7000 series starting in 1976.

Welcome, Tom. You have come to the right place for answers and assistance in your restore, as you can see from Jim's T-10. These guys know more about these tractors, than Einstein knew about mathmatics.......almost.8D

Welcome to the club, I have a Simplicity-made Homelite T-10 and an Allis-Built T-12. Have fun with your tractors. And don't tell JimDK where you live or he will find orphan Homelites for you to save from the scrap yard...:D

Yes Bob, but please remember that I did offer to buy your dinner as a small consolation for finding such a needy tractor for you. As a matter of fact, the offer still stands.dOd

quote:Originally posted by JimDk

Yes Bob, but please remember that I did offer to buy your dinner as a small consolation for finding such a needy tractor for you. As a matter of fact, the offer still stands.dOd

id="quote">
id="quote">Bob,I can attest that JimDk is a man of his word, and that there is an excellent restaurant just up the road from him!Just think of all the things you wouldn't know if Jim had not put you on to that Homelite.John U

Jim, John, and new guy Thomas: I have learned so much, and have had so much rewarding fun since I bought that T-10 and joined the club. That Jim (who I didn't know from Adam) would find the endangered T-12 and then take the time to figure out is was closest to me just speaks for itself.I just rebuilt my first carburetor for the T-12, with the help of these guys. Thomas, just ask them and they will help you. Pictures make it easier for all of us.I was a soldier and then a civil servant for my career, so finding something interesting to do was after that mandatory. I think I found it!Here's the T-12 in pieces on my garage floor...I need help a few times, but I got it repaired and back together. Have fun and once again welcome

OldTractorNo2.jpg

OldTractorNo2.jpg.73fcc450b4ca0aca3ed9febd69fae973.jpg