Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I've lost my mind, but having fun :). updated pics

ngale65

Well after much deliberation i pulled the old roper out. Cleaned it up, tuned it up and tightened everything up and fresh gas. Hasent run in years, 3rd pull fired right up. Its funny when i was 10 years old or so my grandmother gave this to me and i tore the engine down and rebuilt it. learned all about mowers with this one. Started pulling mowers out of the trash, fixing and selling the. $10-$20 was a lot to a kid back then. So I think I may spend some time cutting the grass with this again this summer, for old times sake. The tractor that got me into everything was a HB212 given to me by one of my good friends grandmother in 1995. Well its just escalated out of control from there. I love my 212, pry my favorite tractor of all time. Now I'm in my 30's, married, house, kid. :) still playing with my lawnmower and feeling like im a kid. At least my wife doesnt have to worry where i am. haha. Everyone in this club has been great to. Definitely glad i became a member. always nice to see other people ideas. Even if some are a bad influence and help me to fill my garage with more things i dont need.Well the plan for this week is to get all the mowers ready for spring. and then get my new ag tires on the 212. pics to follow as i get things done.

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r1.jpg.c403e87758bd2814e40c9ffba12c8e3d.jpg

r2.jpg.ee94a8bac59316140973b2915fa740a8.jpg

Great story...and you've kept that old Roper in great shape. I think we're all here becuase it's fun...always nice to hear that once in a while. d:)

And i think you would be one of those bad influences. haha. we all want to have your toys Josh. I mean who else stumbles on a trencher while getting a sweepster. Still Jealous of that one.

Nice story & mower Nate...That would be a good trim mower

ROPER...I've been repairing HVAC and other appliances for many yrs now & I know Roper as an appliance mfg. They made Ranges for Sears yrs ago I think. Oh well I know of a gun mfg co. that started out making typewriters.

Nathan,

Your Grandmother gave you this mower when you were ten years old and you rebuilt the engine and still own it? That is an admirable accomplishment and sure fits in with the general idea here of keep it simple, keep it running and keep it.

Bought this new in 1997. :) she is tuned up and ready to go another year. Its amazing how long good equipment lasts if you take care of it. Its a shape There arent really any good lawnmowers made these days, all throw away crap. Honda makes a nice commercial 21" push mower for the tune of about $1100 bucks. luckily my girl is still running good and you can still get parts if it brakes.

jx75.jpg

jx75.jpg.3a0a36f26d1cd374f2d9277787108c3e.jpg

Nice looking Roper, not too bad for a mower that was probably designed to be used for a few years, and then tossed.

We've got a TORO pushmower that I won on a raffle back in the late 80's. Change the oil every year, sharpen the original blade, and change the plug every couple of years. The only repair it's needed is a drive belt about 15 years ago. Regular maintenance does help!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts