Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
cschmidt62

Does anyone have a Simplicity Yard Roller?

cschmidt62

I recently picked up an original Simplicity yard roller. The PO said it has been frozen in the past so the tank is in less than perfect shape. My question is dis these have flat ends in them because this one has convex ends. My gut feeling is these ends were swelled out by the freezing due to the fact one end has been beaten back in to clear the frame and the frame is sprung. It will be simple enough to build a new tank but I want it to be correct.

roller.jpg

roller2.jpg

roller.jpg.f604733864e9e128810c8ec9cc079332.jpg

roller2.jpg.6f0e83b1c7cc18f18b7fd7bf4baa41f2.jpg

ReedS

Looks like the expansion has been compensated for on one end, but then you alredy knew that! I also have one these and will confirm Ray's assertion that indeed the ends are convex but not to the extent that yours are. Looking foward to seeing a freshly built roller (tank).:D

cschmidt62

Thanks again guys. Would it be possible for one of you (Ray or Reed) to get me an idea of how much it is dished. If I had an approximate total length of the tank at the axles then I could figure out how much to dish the ends. I know it's not an easy measurement to get but it would be a big help.

cschmidt62
quote:Originally posted by BLT

It's not a dome but a dish similar to this exaggerated profile \id="red"><___id="red">8___id="red">>/id="red"> and only a 1/2" wide and roughly 8" in diameter before the break.

id="quote">
id="quote">So if I understand you correctly the center 8 inches is flat and then it tapers down to the tank body? Better Pictures would be great.

BLT
Originally posted by cschmidt62
quote:
id="quote">PM me Sunday as I have removed most of the snow and we'll have a couple days of sun to melt more of it out. Also include you E-mail address for pics.

BLT
Originally posted by BLT
quote:
id="quote">PM me Sunday as I have removed most of the snow and we'll have a couple days of sun to melt more of it out. Also include you E-mail address for pics.
id="quote">id="quote">You can see the break line (rust circle)in this picture.

mini-9-5-09 like new 035.jpg

BLT

OK here it is:

LawnRollera.jpg

It is reasonably flat for 6" ans kind of domes its way out . The measurement if the gap is 5/8" The roller shell is 36 " long.

LawnRollerb.jpg

The inside measurement for the hitch is approx 37-3/4 to 38"