Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity garden tractors still have much value

bigdog46

There was a local auction today where they had a pristine Simplicity 7117H with the Kohler KT17 Series 2 engine, rear lift, 48" deck, 36" tiller with drive & belt, front & rear wheel weights, all original manuals, extra set of brand new mower blades and a Cub Cadet snow blade which had been modified to fit the Simplicity. I knew the gentleman who had owned the package - he was a retired Tool & Die Maker from General Motors. The paint and seat on the tractor looked almost showroom new. The tiller appeared to have been used only a few times. The snow blade was from an early Cub Cadet when they were made by International Harvester. I really wanted to own this great package and I bid up to $1000. Sadly, I did not get to buy it as it finally sold for $2000. Actually, this is not a bad price to pay for a great tractor that will last for many many years. Here is a picture of the tractor and tiller.

7117.jpg

tiller.jpg

7117.jpg.cf58274e3543a66ae09ee12b34d7240c.jpg

tiller.jpg.c7cbb51e6a0bc5c6ff86e6cd51fb949d.jpg

Just as it is with pristine, original muscle cars, guns, coins etc, exceptional, original condition is worth exponentially more money.

The exceptionally high price paid for exceptionally pristine examples does not have a "halo effect" on the lower tiers (super clean, clean, good, good for how old it is etc) no matter what it is.

Wow, Nice tractor... Sorry you did not get to buy it! I think your bid was very realistic at 1K. Premium price for a real fine example!

Is it me or it getting harder and harder to buy nice garden tractors at a great price at auction?