Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

possibly a green convert

gwiseman

Rocky came through central MO this past week and in preparation my lawyer/daughter didn't want to be snowed-in. She asked if I could spare a tractor and her (farm-boy) fiancé set about the task of clearing her drive. He cleaned 5 drives and is keeping this one till winter ends. They posted this pic and called to thank me - he really enjoyed himself even though he never dreamed anything short of a new Deere could be so useful!

tylor.JPG

tylor.JPG.a3cf19c8433fc88b5e817786cde84c10.JPG

gotta get them converts. john deere don't make everything good. ya gotta have a eye for qaulity. them old allis tractors beat the pants off a new deere any day!

quote:Originally posted by dirtmister16

gotta get them converts. john deere don't make everything good. ya gotta have a eye for qaulity. them old allis tractors beat the pants off a new deere any day!

id="quote">
id="quote">Home Depot John Deere`s or a real one? My neighbors 425 & 318 can handle their own.

Well first off great picture. and atleast he supports the colors well with his gloves. And glad to see somebody gets to play in the snow. and if you can convert him thats a plus he might even be glad he did,

Nice looking setup to you have there.

quote:Big mistake Gene, if they get hooked up he'll expect one a wedding giftid="quote">
id="quote">

When you loan equipment it breaks or comes back broken. Future SIL called Friday night: B-210 started surging then died while ideling. Will not start.

SIL thought he saw smoke coming from the st/gen area but I've not had one go bad so didn't listen. Loaded some tools and headed across town to tractor, diagnosed as selinoid, then to parts store for one from China. Returned to the tractor. Should have opened the box when at parts counter: 6Vwah. Another trip for 12V selinoid, then installation (of course holes didnt aliegn). Selinoid still clicks.

Back home to get used st/gen, regulator, new points & condenser and found old selinoid (wife calls it back stock). Back across town w/not 1 but 2 st/gen & regs just in case. Old st/gen & had rough movement and clicked when rotated by hand. Replaced it, re-installed orig selinoid, regapped points & new plug, and B-210 starts & purrs to life.

1hr job took 4 & Saturday morning shot.

Daughter called afterward: SIL really enjoyed bonding today. She suggested that I may have to permanentl loan one of my gt permanently. Not a bad investment I guess. :)

Love it when a "deere" man sees the light of a real worker!

Heya Bryan...What's that odd looking little caption under your name (Club VP) Are you the designated Club Virgin Poacher now?? If so, pencil me in for two will ya? lol Congrats on the win Bro!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• B10Dave
    • maxwood
    • GregB
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts