Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Another Old Green toy

ngale65

well i picked up a 1967 john deere 110. got it from the original owner, all original paint, had not been run since 1996. thankfully its been in a heater garage under a blanket so it in still in very good shape. had to pull the carb and fuel tank as it was pretty crunch and nasty in there. I should pry go buy a lotto ticket though, no rust, it all cleaned up and the battery didnt even leak and acid. This is like a time caplse. all the shields, stickers, pins all in tacked, it i could only find more AC's in ths shape. oh well. Going to deere tomorrow to get a carb kit and some other parts. hopefully have it up and running next week. engine had great compression. front tires are junk, but rears good. came with a mower deck and a snowblower. the snowblower is going, but pry keep the mower and do some laps with her.

jd1.jpg

jd2.jpg

jd3.jpg

jdsb.jpg

jd1.jpg.9a55af63e659e3e69740cb20615790e6.jpg

jd2.jpg.5a887262d93a0b493bd9dfdeaa7a16c1.jpg

jd3.jpg.590ba7351ae4581945a601e2c6276908.jpg

jdsb.jpg.2f7b9df00095c206ad3eff05755e092a.jpg

WOW...That is one sweeeet green machine.dOddOddOddOd.You are going to leave it as is paint wise? If you happen to be looking for a pair of OEM headlights and rear tail light..I am the man to see! ;)Don't tell anyone but I have a soft spot for some of the older green stuff!

IMG_2358.JPG

IMG_2358.JPG.bd8ea70d5cf0ed00853a66f635b180cf.JPG

I plan to give it a good cleaning and buff/wax job. I am not a fan of restoring things, just nice clean originals. How much for the front and rear lights? any front tires? the thin ones? and you need a snowblower?

Mine was REAL bad when I bought it...hence, the repaint! I will PM you with price on lights as I do not want to get :|| again!

I don't have the tires and don't need the blower but thanks anyway!

Nice old elephant ear 110 Nate. Those guys built some really tough gt. If you've got the space I'd keep the blower for show. congr:drlats

Chris;

I wanted to keep the tractor as original as possible! :D

Actually,I wanted to see if you guys were paying attention! The guys on this site don't miss a thing!OO You guys would notice if I used a flat washer where a lock washer is supposed to be! ;)

Of coarse...Murphy's law strikes again!...I ran OUT of paint with one tire to go! It has since been finished! ^

I did some mowing in the past at a woman's farm I hunt on with one of those, loved the vari drive on it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• NandoG
    • tripleguy
    • GregB
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts