Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis B 12 Roto-Tiller

littlefarmboy

I recently purchased an Allis B12 in great shape, just like the one that I had as a kid. I have found an Allis Roto-tiller for sale that came off an Allis B-210 tractor. Will this same roto-tiller fit my older Allis B12? Thanks for any replies!

Hello and WELCOME to the club!

If you are new to this site and have an interest in anything garden tractor related, then this is the site for you! You are among friends whom share a common interest and who are a wealth of knowledge and information about anything tractor related.

Take a little time and look around and I am sure that you will see the benefits of becoming a member of this fine club...BEST 10.00 I ever spent!

Again welcome!

Fishniz (Mark)

ONE MORE THING....WE LOVE PICS of all tractors or tractor related items so feel free to share them with us!

I do have the pulleys for the tiller too. I am however, wanting to find a Hi-Lo setup for the transmission on this B12 as you really need that with the Tiller. Thanks! In referance to your question of when was the last time you thanked a Veteran..... I am a Veteran myself and Thank You!

quote:Originally posted by timflury

Welcome!!Yes, it will fit on your tractor like Bryan says.Do you have the PTO pulleys?

id="quote">
id="quote">

The hi/lo are getting harder to find. But in the mean time you could switch the 6 1/2 inch pulley out with a 8 or 10 inch one to help slow you down.

I have used my 8" one does slow ya down. But I haven't tried out the 10" one to see how much in differance there is between the 2.

I went through the same scenario last summer. I got the tiller working on my B-10 and found the ground speed to be way too fast. I put a 9" pulley on the tranny with a 5/8" by 47" belt. It works perfect, if you really want a creeper a 10" pulley will fit and shouldn't hit the seat pan.

The advantage to a hi low is you haul censored.gif in road gear to get to the garden, then flip her into low and go to work. With my big pulley setup, you need to factor travel time into your gardening schedule.

Here is the topic.

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=122934&SearchTerms=slowing+down+my+B-10

Welcome to the club.

littlemarv

.....And thank you for serving too, Jim.

Look forward to spending up to $300 for a Hi Lo.

They're hard to come by. They surface on Ebay two or three times a year, or so.

Mostly you find them already on a tractor someone is selling.

I think Perry still has a few collecting dust on his shelf.:D:D

The 8 or 10" pulley is the cheapest way to go to get the lower speeds. I think I have an 8" and it's just perfect. Till in 1st, plow in 3rd. I'm working on a way to switch from the standard pulley to the bigger one without too much effort. Haven't gotten it done yet, but I have a plan.

B110guy

Since I finally installed the Hi Lo, I keep the 8" pulley and belt hung on a nail in the garage, right next to the 10" set.

BTW, the pulleys can be had from TSC. You need to buy the hub and pulleys separate, and weld then together.

I'd recommend the HiLo if you're so inclined. The price seems to be fairly common now around the $200 mark...$300 might happen on ebay from time to time, but they are on there a dozen or so times a year now, and even moreso here in the classifieds. I think the last 3 or 4 listings here that I've seen come (and go vs sit till they expire) are around $200-225. Wearable parts are now being provided by folks making them up, which helps get a lot of the more worn HiLo's off shelves and into the market.

I have purchased 8" pulleys and 10" pulleys from Phoenix MFG in Horicon, WI. They are great to deal with and their pulleys are excellent and work great for slowing down to tilling speed.

First of all you might not need Hi-Lo as you have plenty of power to till at half throttle. Keep the Hi-Lo on your wish list but get the tiller. Operation might surprise you.

Keep temps in mind if you choose not to run WOT...especially when you are creeping along with minimal external airflow. The old Briggs will turn a tiller fine at half throttle, but it won't be cooling as recommended either. Try your till at various rpm to see how you like your soil as well. I run just a fuzz under WOT with a HiLo and the soil is like fine flour when done, even if it's a new garden and especially if you have bits of plow turned sod to grind up.

Ive been tilling with mine for about 15 season. I just use 1st gear, and depress the clutch peddle far enough to slip the belt some.