Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hitch dimensions

steve-wis

I have a sleeve hitch for the 6000 series tractors, but the 6216 hitch needs the ears that the tiller, or the moving half of the sleeve hitch hooks to, to be longer and with two holes instead of short with one hole like mine has. Attached is a pic of what I need to make mine look like. Does anyone have this hitch, and if so, can you measure the angled ears and the two holes in the right hand pc. and get some dimensions for me? Thanks for any help!Steve

11173_574119765933031_2075147099_n.jpg

11173_574119765933031_2075147099_n.jpg.00312db21bf6bdea55506b379e6526f5.jpg

Ray,

I got a guy in Ohio doing the same thing, I am going to get mine in and sketch it up one of these days. Right now it is on my Allis 810GT, which is the same as the Simplicity 6010. They are the same except for those ears, mine are straight out, shorter, and have only one hole. I could mount in on my 6216 that way to pull a sleeve hitch implement, but if I ever get a tiller I will need the right height and spacing for it to work right. Thats why I am looking for the dimentions for the ears, I am going to cut mine off and replace with the angled ones. I will send you sketches when I get them made.

Steve

quote:Originally posted by steve-wis

I am going to get mine in and sketch it up one of these days. Steve

id="quote">
id="quote">Are you going to make a CAD drawing??

They are NLA. I meant and should of clarified on the back of one of their used tractors. They have alot of used parts as well.

It will be fortunate if you find one, they are getting harder to find. I know MarksA/C had one but not sure if he has it any more or not. The one I have, with the short ears, is mounted to my blower tractor so I won't get it off to measure it for a while. The other half is in the garage and I could measure it up and sketch it if you need that half as well.

Steve

Guess what I saw in a pile of stuff that I thought I would never need? TWO versions of the right side bracket in Steve's picture. One is identical, the other is a little different. They are available for someone to make a drawing of. I will try to get pix for you.

Carl, is the different one the hitch that only has a short set of tabs on the back and one hole instead of the two in the pic? If so, it is the one I have. Are you interested in selling the one like in the pic?

Steve

Not sure if anyone has done this yet but if you guys have sketches of stuff and you want autocad drawings done let me know I will draw them up so we have a file with consistant sheets of all the common parts.

Dave

Both of the hitches I found have long tabs with two holes. I took pictures but I haven't been able to upload them to the site. ISP service is poor here.8C One of the hitches is exactly like your picture.