Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I'm a pickin and a grinnin

rokon2813

Tag that stuff for us bud ! LOL I think I see a Sears and a Bolens with a tube frame, But I don't have a clue on the first two.

Nice pick.

LOL, first pic is a bolens, with a "The Clinton" engine.

2nd machine is a Jari sickle mower and that engine is a Lauson

Both walk behinds have compression, thats as far as I got tonight other than they both have gas in and it doesn't smell too bad.

Third is a Bolens Husky 600. I think its a 61, first of the "tube frame" Bolens. No rope in the recoil, and it's sat outside for several years, but it's not seized yet. At least the engine isn't. The rear wheels don't turn yet. As far as I can see it is all original.

Last is a Sears ST 16. Mid 70's I think, 16 hp Techumseh overhead valve.

It has intermittent spark (according to the PO), came with a NEW lower Grill, brand new starter, most of the 3 point hitch, no seat and a holey gas tank.

About all I know for tonight, I'll post the "orange" one tomorrow when I get it home. :o

Good pickin' there Dan. I had a Bolens 1050, I think there is a knob on the rear wheels that will lock the rear axle, or I think there is an emergency brake on it. Good luck. jh

Good picks Dan...a real blast from the past

I'm surprised that Sears has an OHV engine? ahead of its time?

Those narrow wheel width Jerry sickle mowers are mankillers if your ground is hilly or uneven.

The snow blower is one of the ugliest I've ever seen:D but it would definitely be a good conversation piece. The Bolens used a worm gear drive that is very durable but act as if they are locked in gear unless the knob on the hub is disengaged as johnmonkey mentioned. Those are all great picks, what is your plans for them?

Dan

quote:Originally posted by PeppyDan

The snow blower is one of the ugliest I've ever seen:D but it would definitely be a good conversation piece. The Bolens used a worm gear drive that is very durable but act as if they are locked in gear unless the knob on the hub is disengaged as johnmonkey mentioned. Those are all great picks, what is your plans for them?Dan

id="quote">
id="quote">the blower is definitely ugly, but does have one unique quality.The entire drum on the second stage rotates for what ever reason, besides being able to turn the chute, so in essence you could actually "windrow" the snow right beside the blower ??My plan is to part them all out, with the exception "maybe" of the Bolens walker. Around here they like these to put a sulky behind to ride at shows. Depends if and how well it runs.On the sickle, both handle bars are broken, as well as the rope cup.The Husky and the Sears I bought with the intent to part out. Both need more work than would be profitable to repair.The walkers were an afterthought. I didn't know they were there till I saw them and the price was decent so I brought them home.This all started from a CL ad I placed looking for parts tractors and junk.http://buffalo.craigslist.org/wan/3646888868.htmlThese so far are actually 3 "picks". The sears at one, the blower at one, and the other 3 at the last. (I actually went to look at a MF 10)Like always, I've had several calls for stuff that is too "nice" for me, stuff that didn't pan out, and stuff I'm keeping under my hat that I want but can't afford.Like a 7119 with bad engine for $300Landlord in the era of 3300, 3400 runs and mows for $500Baird Beaver never called me backSeveral Sears Suburbans ranging from 250 to 500Running mowing nice condition Red Patio for 500 :D

The Jari is a part of history, I would sell it complete. I can't see there being much of a parts market for one.

the sears lower grill will bring some $. too bad the upper is broke , those go for $150. The ST models had a tucky overhead valve. the head,valves and upper engine hardware go for $80 and up if they run. take video of engine running before disassembled, makes for a good sale on the parts. I parted many of those sears out over the summer. I have a guy right now looking for deck spindles. PM me if any questions.

as mentioned the Bolens has a big nut on the left hub and you also have to pull the pin out in the right hub to get it to roll . the pin might have a hair clip on the back and you can get a punch thru the front of the rim and tap it out. start soaking the pin down now.

i have not had good luck with parting out bolens. all mine were the 1050 models and i wound up scrapping most of them if not all the parts. the PTO's , carbs , and driveshafts were my only good sellers. but yours is a early model so do some research and hope they do better.

I am due for a good haul . been slow around this area. lots of high priced stuff. I did get a call on a old landlord i need to go get a hour away.

Well, the Bolens walk behind does run, but smokes pretty good.The Jari runs fine. :DHere are a couple pics of the rotating drum on the second stage of the blower.

rotate 1.jpg

rotate 2.jpg

rotate 3.jpg

57e05dc44fb2d_rotate1.jpg.b0fa306cb324d106a958ca7647bc2a79.jpg

57e05dc462b01_rotate2.jpg.756ff256bcc5f12871476c6fc9f3fa97.jpg

57e05dc47472c_rotate3.jpg.8036457ccad1d75d41d460ce639f1540.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Bill725
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts