Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Broadmoor purchase and weedcutter mount

SethL007

so i bought this little 738 broadmoor yetserday just to get the rear wheel weights so i can put them on one of my hb212's. to my suprise when i got it home i jumped it and it fired right up. dont know much about these so its up on the sale block. also had a little time to mount up one of the weedcutters i recently picked up on my hb212. cant believe how smooth and quiet it runs. in my picture you will see my other hb212 with a 42" snowblower, it has an allis chalmers decal on the front of it do you guys think somebody added this or is this an original decal. snowblower has very little use but not sure it quite looks factory.

101.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

201.jpg

202.jpg

203.jpg

204.jpg

205.jpg

frontwheelweights.jpg

Very nice looking machines you have there Seth. And these weedcutters do run very quiet and smooth. And when your out there using it you may want a hat and a pair of shades on since they throw stuff all over. For the blower decal I cant really say since i've never seen one there but it sure doees fit in good there.

The Weedcutter is near the very top of my favorite attachment list...they are smooth as silk, and almost unstoppable! If you ahven't butchered any innocent vegetation with it yet, you're in for a serious treat. Our annual deercamp-prep trip gets me about 4-5 hours of seat time with my Weedcutter...you just can't run a mowerdeck through 3 foot tall CRP, vines, saplkings, etc.

23-8.50-12

they are they only ag tires i had laying around. however i am just about ready to order some firestone 10.50s so these will have to go! the 8.50s do have windshield washer fluid in them for weight.

I would love a weed/brush cutter. An old dealer told me he went to a dealer show in Wisconsin a long time ago and they had a brush cutter set up for demo. It had problems with cutting small saplings at an angle and they would puncture the front tires.

Interesting...maybe that was part of the attachment's demise?

In my experience, the unit cuts saplings off far enough up from the soil, that they bend over when the front tires get to them. Saplings the thickness of a broom handle are very easy to work though...adjusting ground speed to allow it. Saplings that are thicker, almost 2" in diameter, are also easily done, but you really have to ease into them nice and slow...then, you have to keep in mind that you basically have a small tree laying in front of you that will either continue to catch the blades, or will be run over by the tractor.

Considering the small stature and relatively light HP that these tractors offer, that cutter does a lot of work.