Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

712 Log Splitter

DaveTenney

I really like that...ncie, big 'ol resevoir out front. Got the pump is out front too, running off the shaft?

3Ee3F23Ne5Ia5K25M9d2q8117c64762ca120c.jpg

3F23Na3H75L15Hc5M2d2q78eaef21c5141ac6.jpg

3E93M83m25G35H85Jcd2qc21c9744fcc7199d.jpg

My back would hurt less using the 8 lb mall then bending down there to split wood. Like the lack of shop space it stores in though.

Perry,Its easier on the back, and not bad on the knees, once you find the right height log as a stool. Of course long spliting sessions can lead to a pain somewhere else :D. I usually put and old kid size life jacket on the stump as a butt pad.

small%20split.jpg

quote:Originally posted by GregB

Perry,Its easier on the back, and not bad on the knees, once you find the right height log as a stool. Of course long spliting sessions can lead to a pain somewhere else :D. I usually put and old kid size life jacket on the stump as a butt pad.

id="quote">
id="quote">hey greg, you got it going on there ^ . now you just need to find you a youngster to bring the wood to the splitter :Dsweet little farmall , thats a nice setup

The kid was helping, just not in the picture. Roll the wood up to one side, stand it up under the ram, toss the splits to the other side.

Of course, he is graduating from Pitt at the end of April.

Once he gets a job, my "free" help will dry up I'm sure.