Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Zippo gets an Osenga Squire!! Updated 7/8

ZippoVarga

Yep....it's true!! And what an awesome gesture by my great friend Mr. Osenga!! He built me a Squire 9 Clone because he knew how badly I've been wanting one, and now, I've got one! I'll be finishing her up as time allows, so keep an eye on my youtube page for updates. Here's the Squire Clone beside my old Landlord. I've gone through the steering and added the grill support and grill pieces as well as a set of 64 Guide Lamps with chrome rings. She'll be getting a .020 over rebuilt 23D (by me) in the coming days and after I find a set of 8.5 inch wide offset rims, I'll remount the Good Year 26x12x12 tires Bryan was gracious enough to include with the Squire. It was a great time and I met up with a couple of new members as well as admiring Peppy and his brother in laws handy work with the reproduction parts. I'm looking forward to the next get together and hopefully it'll be at Zippos place!! I'll send invites when the weather breaks and I can pick a weekend that looks to be decent weather. Onto a couple Pictures of my new baby! Her name is Engine 44, which was a collaboration between Osenga and my Daughters and is in memory of my Mother who was a 911 dispatcher and born in 1944. I also came home with two 5hp Model 14s and a couple 23 series engines to add to the ever growing collection of older Briggs. But I digress......PICS!!!

Squire9a.jpg

Squire9b.jpg

Squire9c.jpg

Squire9d.jpg

I'm real excited to get this Squire finished up and show it off at the shows with the old Landlord. Again, a great big thanks to Bryan for all his effort and super kind gesture in making this Squire clone for me. A link to the video:

Squire9a.jpg.3ea880d8b923605d0465656970ab0212.jpg

Squire9b.jpg.315ae986a146287b78b9d95e355bb950.jpg

Squire9c.jpg.2190b5408dd8dd34f50205c215dd71b2.jpg

Squire9d.jpg.e3b673a19e3b4aea51eed756eb2a2dbf.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZippoVarga

• fishnwiz

• osenga

• Talntedmrgreen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to see it found it's way home! Good looking machine. Now Bryan has room for another project? =]

Sean, Not a problem and sure looks good sitting next to the ole 64LL. And can't wait to see it running and more pics in due time. And glad to see you back on here for some posting lol.

Perry, ya I can't keep them all man. If I did my yard would of been full over the years. But for what I have right now I think I'm good. But you never know what I might get up my sleeve next.

Josh, ya I do have a little bit of room but never enough. I just work around with what I do have and make due with. I'm just not figured out how to get one in my living room yet. Like one guy I know. Lol

I think we all are trying to figure out that living room move. lol. I think Josh should get an award for that one, or rather his wife should get the wife of the year award.

Nice pair Sean dOd

I love that style LL and the Squire too (nice job Bryan)

Cant wait to see it finished, Squire is on my wish list too sm01

Bryan wasted no time transplanting the 16hp I gave him into his Squire, so I'm on a quest to hurry up and get the rebuilt 23D in her and tie up the loose ends just to get her moving under her own power. Stay tuned!

Well I have to throw this in on this topic. Since I did build me a Squire10 clone also. But after Sean's visit it has been switched over to a 16hp now. And with it is my sons 2012 .

304.JPG

304.JPG.0b858af7312036ea3693b7f4f840e21c.JPG

Well, I got a little side swiped here. Slipped on the snow and did an unexpected split, which would have gotten a .05 out of 10 if judged...lol. Down side is, I wrenched my lower back in the process, so the shop time will have to wait a couple days. But I am chomping at the bit to get out there!!!!! Looking good Bryan!!

Zipp,

Take good care of the back!!

I am in the know on the sore back situation. I have been fighting a back issue for 6 months today and am facing the dreaded fusion surgery. BUMMER...Lifetime 35lb restrictions with NO pushing or pulling is a job KILLER for me!. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

How is a guy suppose to push non running tractors up and down the trailer ramps and into the back of pickups with a bad back? C

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

How is a guy suppose to push non running tractors up and down the trailer ramps and into the back of pickups with a bad back? C

id="quote">
id="quote">Simple answer....and Huffy can back me up. You can push them up the ramps, flat tires and all. (and if you take your time, you don't even have to set down your beer)DSCN0165.jpg

Mark, I have two fusions with titanium and others with cadaver bone grafts as well as having broken my back twice (two different times) and walked around with L5 split in two for 4 weeks until I woke up one morning and couldn't walk due to left leg being paralyzed. I've had back problems since 1996 when I had a life altering water skiing accident that took 7 operations and 18 months to recover from. lol...yep, I know a thing or two about back problems!! lol I ignored my doctors advice to quit working in 1998 and continued working until 2005 when I simply could no longer function. My advice is, follow your physicians directions to a "T" and even go beyond and be more careful than they call for. At 46, I wish I had listened more as I look back.

On a different note, at least now I can concentrate on my little projects as time and health permits!! I did get out to the shop a little today to just clean up some as things warmed up around here a bit and I've recently added a new maple top work bench and I'm still doing the organizing thing with an additional 8 feet of bench top work space. Other than that, I took it easy and kept my back brace securely in place and I'm feeling quite a bit better this evening. We'll see what tomorrow has in store, as I would like to get my 23D cleaned up and sprayed with clear engine enamel in anticipation of it's install into the Squire. Cheers!!

Thanks for the advice Zippo!

I thought I was too young (53) to have these issues but you have proven me wrong. Quality of life is worth more than any money can buy, of that there is NO doubt! After hearing what you have gone through, suddenly my back does not feel so bad after all!:D

Mark, at 30 (actually, my accident was ON my 30th birthday) I felt I was still invincible, even after the 18 month recovery I continued to thwart the notion that my body wasn't capable and I continued working it as hard, if not harder than before my accident. At 53, you do have an opportunity to stay ahead of the spinal diseases. You have age on your side where age was my nemesis. Take it easy Mark!

Just an update on the Squire (Engine 44)....Put tubes in the old Good Year 26x12x12s and threw on a set of wide fronts to get the ride height up where the old Landlord is. Progress is slow, but there is a plan set in motion!

Squire9e.jpg

26x12x12 Good Year Turf, Ag with air and ag with no air

26x12x12A.jpg

Aired up 26x12x12 next to the dwarfed stock 23x8.5x12

26x12x12B.jpg

The pair of 26x12x12s

26x12x12c.jpg

Engine 44s got BACK!

26x12x12d.jpg

Decals at the ready!!

Decals1.jpg

Every Landlord should be flanked by its Squires!!

SqLLSq.jpg

And then there were 5....ok, 6...the little 305 RER is hiding back there somewhere too..lol All the way in the back is the B-10, then Early Squire, Old Landlord, Engine 44 and last but not least, Ugly-Alice!

FleetMarch.jpg

And.....just in case some of you were looking hard at the back wall with the engines.....here they are so you can see them a little better.In no particular order, a Briggs Model Y, two 5S, one 6S, 5hp aluminum block Briggs, Monkey Wards Airline Charger (6 volt), freshly rebuilt 23D, the old BR6 and a single and twin Maytag pair. This is the "Running" wall...lol. There's other runners, but I need another sturdy shelf before they'll go on the wall of old iron.

OldEngines.jpg

Squire9e.jpg.97e67e6fe39d8ab06639a51b91a8e236.jpg

26x12x12A.jpg.f086f7e67b226105765ec111293ce877.jpg

26x12x12B.jpg.90237239074031438d666bde0c162d71.jpg

26x12x12c.jpg.2b73bf68b77450730ca08ad1293c0f0b.jpg

26x12x12d.jpg.ee036ca04beb66a749a98353a438d14a.jpg

Decals1.jpg.b54c29f27cf2b2dd31d0a82d1faabd00.jpg

SqLLSq.jpg.0bbebf46e3216f1608e90934034229ee.jpg

FleetMarch.jpg.05e197135a8a6bbed09afe7e878944e1.jpg

OldEngines.jpg.0367720aada7db7712d4347e68466722.jpg

Very nice! I'm humbled with my two, but they do what I bought them for. Nice fleet, and looking good. My wife just had her L3 replaced with titanium "cage" due to cancer and treatments. Doing OK 5 weeks later. But not a fun thing. The X ray of it installed makes a great screen background, to remind me "I'm not having a bad day". Thanks for sharing Zippo!