Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tiller question

osenga

I keep thinking that I always use my 916 with my 38HD tiller. So my question is has anyone ever ran the 38HD tiller on a FDT? And if so how did it work. I have hydro lift cause I don't think my arm could do the arm strong lift on it to many times. And will be running a 16hp Briggs also. I'm just thinking that I would like to try this out but thought I would ask. Or should I just keep it with the 916? Any ideas or input will be useful.

I had my 38hd on a 3210 10hp hydro lift now its on my 7117 with a 25hp command with hydro lift had no problem with either tractor

I've never ran an HD tiller but if you got the needed HP it should be fine. May need front counterweight to assist the lift?? I saw one on a B100 series once...Maybe was Josh who had one? but not sure

Post pics if you do...I'd like to see it :o)

Not me...I couldn't pry Bryan's out of his hands. ;)

(and I could not lift it into the truck without his assistance anyway)

I would think the hydrolift will do it, but your nose will be awful light without front weight. Bet the old girl won't steer much with that tiller in the air :o

I run a 38 on my B-10,the front weight is a good idea

but I did get by the first year before I got one.

A hi-low would also be nice to have.

UCD, had his on a HB112, I believe. Front wheel weights are a good idea. The tiller will lift the front of the tractor right off the ground if you are not careful.

Well I think I'm going to give it a shot. 1st I'll throw it on the B12 since it has the hydro lift hi/lo already on it. Hope the 12hp can handle it. Just have to figure out what belts will be needed to run it this way.

Bryan...since UCD had the HD on his HB112, and I now have his HB112, it would only be right for me to try that setup again. I'll come pick up your HD tiller, and will post the results so that you will know if it works OK with a 12hp.

Sound like a plan? 666

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Bryan...since UCD had the HD on his HB112, and I now have his HB112, it would only be right for me to try that setup again. I'll come pick up your HD tiller, and will post the results so that you will know if it works OK with a 12hp. Sound like a plan? 666

id="quote">
id="quote">If that works let me know Josh}:)I thought he ran it on the hybrid 216, but I think the 12 will handle it fine.I loaded that tiller with my B12. On a short wheel base tractor you will definitely want some front weight I think.

25# wheel weights x2, the front counterweight is close to 50#. It wouldn't hurt either if the front wheels were loaded with fluid either. Yup, the extra weight would greatly help with steering in the up position.

10" slow-me-down kit, or a Hi Lo.

Like Dan's sig,,,, Just do itid="size6">id="red">:D:D

Seth I would think so. But either way it turns out to be I have both styles so now just time till I start playing around with it to see how it works out.

The time I saw it at Colchester, Maynard had the 38 inch tiller on the HB116 that was built by Sam, with the Sunstrand and hydrolift.