Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

visited a graveyard! warning picture heavy!!

SethL007

stopped by a local garden tractor graveyard and thought i would take a few pics for others to look at (since i like looking at them when others post graveyard pics). i must say the wonderboy thats a montgomery wards probably intrigued me the most. there was actually a number of wards pieces.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

]

7.jpg

[9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

well as much as i hate to say this i came home with NOTHING!!! i have just mainly been in the market for attachments lately and didnt find anything i didnt already have :(

Would be interesting to know what stuff goes for. Some people think very highly of their junk that sits out in the weather.....

THAT is enraging!!!

I will never understand why somebody would rather let that awesome stuff lay there and rot away instead of having some kind of sale. Thats like the "hoarders sickness" for tractors...

Is it all For Sale? if so Where? I could spend a fun day there sm01

Cool Yard. I would love to see a section on this site for just tractor scrap yards!

There appear to be some goodies still sitting in that yard! Thanks for sharing!

Wow...that's the most intriguing graveyard I've seen! I would have filled a trailer. Heck, just the Wards stuff (tiller, Lawn-Trac, early Squire emblems) would be worth grabbing up to sell. That's the only Monkey Ward version of a Wonderboy 450 that I have ever seen or heard of. Then there's the hydrolift, all that good sheetmetal and who knows what else. Wow.

Ok you can't post this without hooking everyone up;) I've never seen such a complete-line of "for salvage" early to modern Simplicity and Allis products. There are complete B-Series, homelites, I even see a decent looking 900 series. I actually see lots of parts I need.

The clue is its near the railroad tracks. I spent some time last night looking at Bing "BirdsEye" and couldn't find it. Way too many tracks near Wooster.