Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
perry

fixing the 2010 - trans swap

perry

the wet snow did me in last week and i busted the axle tube on the 2010. I took the old trans out and put in a trans from a 3012V. the swap went good and glad i did not have to pull the cab off.

sim001_zps3787a29e.jpg

sim002_zps0bcb3e6e.jpg

sim005_zps594bfd76.jpg

broken tube

sim004_zpsaff79b26.jpg

sim003_zps13b7bc25.jpg

sim007_zps33222f44.jpg

rearview mirror i installed last year. its a old vintage mirror i pulled out of a 68 gilson snow cab. dont like when a car sneaks up behind me in my long driveway.

sim013_zps30b78555.jpg

sim014_zpsb4728660.jpg

sim016_zps4f70d47b.jpg

perry

before putting the rear tires back on i decided to weigh them. they are 100lbs a piece :o . knew they felt pretty darn heavy.

add the stinger weight and my 220lb butt and that is way too much weight in my opinion. i'm sure that was a big contributor to the axle tube failure.

I drained some fluid out and got the tires down to 50lbs each. that should be better and allow some tire slippage. figure adding a factory 22lb weight makes the tire around 50lbs, so i should be back to my original setup i use to run before the liquid filled tires i added this year.

tire001_zpsdaccf5ff.jpg

Talntedmrgreen

Good idea...I like the bite weight gives, but I try to go easy. My plow tractor gets 2 pair of wheel weights and a stinger/doughnut. Before we lived with a sloped drive, I only used chains. I go a bit heavier for the blower and loader machines, since I use those out back and the hill coming in from the woodlot can make for a light rearend with a loaded bucket or the blower up in the air.

GLPointon

That IS alot of weight Perry...Thats what I have in my loader tractor. 2 filled tires, 2 weights & 100 rear weight...

Nice swap job!! Isn't it great having extra parts around for when this sorta thing happens. dOd The mirror IS a good idea, its hard to turn my head with winter gear on too crk8

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• AllisChalmers716
    • abu507
    • GregB
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts