Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
sammiefish

after winter... ouch

sammiefish

well, almost another winter gone... well... barn is a messthis is my worker... the 312 that got the new shortblock last year... she purrs like a kitten

IMG_3196.JPG

here is the 89 Jag that is waiting for the big Snow Emergency soI can go get beer and food... she's a runner... only used her about 15 minutes this year... :(

IMG_3197.JPG

here is my 84 big red... she pulled the 312 outta the mud early snowblowing this year... tow stap and mud still at the ready...

IMG_3198.JPG

here is the strangely tipped boat i like to fish out of... how did she get tipped??

IMG_3211.JPG

apparently, however she tipped... she musta been in a big storm as someone had the forethought to try to drop anchor!!

IMG_3212.JPG

and lastly, is anyone in need of an MF 16 frame? I got her for her motor... and then thought to try to restore her but I havent been able to find another MF16 since.. so sad...

IMG_3217.JPG

happy spring everyone

IMG_3196.JPG.2d054b20f726eb28a9086c4bf66453a3.JPG

IMG_3197.JPG.dd16b72ac1a696e25c85d3499b528a86.JPG

IMG_3198.JPG.2fd9df6f19befe8561c5c87ca012bb1f.JPG

IMG_3211.JPG.a29c853650cd0e37984621323ad867b9.JPG

IMG_3212.JPG.637adc71bb8b22431b4ada44ffd59c47.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG.4763165a0747b8865d51b1b6c097b42b.JPG

sammiefish

ya know... after all, Japanese is a US product if you really think about it....

your 84 looks pretty clean!! nice to have the reverse with a hard tail (I think!!!) but when it comes to bikes im a honda guy... (could never find an indian or harley for the trails back in the day)

i started on a honda 50 ('73) then had a '76 CR 125M ... HOLD ON TO YOUR SOCKS!!!!

plastikosmd

It is nice. Suspension would be nice but I like the size of the 84. If I feel the need for suspension and speed I use the 86 250r. It is a beast

sammiefish
quote:Originally posted by plastikosmd

It is nice. Suspension would be nice but I like the size of the 84. If I feel the need for suspension and speed I use the 86 250r. It is a beast

id="quote">
id="quote">ur killing me... :) id love an xxxR.... 2 stroke ... correct??

gearhead19

Hey Chris, what are you using for a seat cushion on the 300 series tractor with the tiller mounted to it? Do you have a source for the (non-deluxe) cushions? The local upholstry shop wants way too much to make one....

Dan

sammiefish

funny story there... I got a NOS one locally... correct part # and everything... but it does not have the cut away on the back to see the AC logo.... I never put it on because it was too nice... (pretty silly)then I bought a cover that is an OK match from an A&I dealer... just havent got around to putting it on either...the link below is the 20" seat... but Im not sure if I bought that one or the 19"..... either way... the price seems to have gone way upin the last year... as I recall it wasnt $30 but now up to $52https://www.allpartsstore.com/ItemDetl.htm?B2BSessionID=130311065603356&CategorySeq=&SelcBrand=&SelcMachn=&SelcModel=&SelcSectn=&SelcSubsc=&SearchDesc=1&TextSearch=TRACTOR%20SEAT%20COVER&ItemNumber=CK2000-1

quote:Originally posted by gearhead19

Hey Chris, what are you using for a seat cushion on the 300 series tractor with the tiller mounted to it? Do you have a source for the (non-deluxe) cushions? The local upholstry shop wants way too much to make one....Dan

id="quote">
id="quote">

gearhead19
Originally posted by sammiefish

funny story there... I got a NOS one locally... correct part # and everything... but it does not have the cut away on the back to see the AC logo.... I never put it on because it was too nice... (pretty silly)then I bought a cover that is an OK match from an A&I dealer... just havent got around to putting it on either...the link below is the 20" seat... but Im not sure if I bought that one or the 19"..... either way... the price seems to have gone way upin the last year... as I recall it wasnt $30 but now up to $52https://www.allpartsstore.com/ItemDetl.htm?B2BSessionID=130311065603356&CategorySeq=&SelcBrand=&SelcMachn=&SelcModel=&SelcSectn=&SelcSubsc=&SearchDesc=1&TextSearch=TRACTOR%20SEAT%20COVER&ItemNumber=CK2000-1

quote:
id="quote">