Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

got another HB (more pics 3-11-13)

SethL007

well guys as i have said before i have a REAL weak spot for HB's. here is my latest purchase. however i am going to have a fortune in this one. i paid a fairly high price (not so smart when you buy it as-is), thought i had 2 good front original tires at home to put on it but well they are both split now, hyd. lift belt shreaded when i tried to start it, some strange noises coming from the starter generator, battery is shot, and i changed oil in the bgb only to come back to all my oil i put in it on my garage floor a few hours later. on a good note its a pretty clean original, engine runs nicely, and the hydro works real nice. like i said i have a bit of a sickness with these HB's because after everything that i just described I WOULD DO IT ALL AGAIN!! here are a few pics as i worked on it this weekend.

hb112.jpg

hb1122.jpg

hb1123.jpg

hb1124.jpg

Another nice save! And looks good but can you tell us the trick to cleaning up them rims to look like that mine don't clean up that nice. Ya I have a weakness for the round and flip hoods

all i do is hand sand them with 150 sand paper, use self etching primer, and paint them with almond rustoleum paint. i only painted the rear rims the fronts were an extra set i had painted a number of years ago. i changed them because i wanted to put the front wheel weights on and the rims that were on it didnt have the holes in them.

Nice machine! Rarely see an HB in our area as it seems the farmers all bought variables ("poor man's hydro") b/c they were using a similar drive on combines and were comfortable with that technology. I'm envious.

Nice looking HB's! I like the round hoods the most. Brother collects all the square B's. I have a 3112H that I'd like to convert it to a HB212

Very nice...Great original condition. Even has a good "nelson"

Like Gene said I never see hydrostate B's here either?? (and I live in a big AC town??)

I want one sm06 congrats