Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Made another haul

Chris727

Hauled home more junk for my "mini-dealership" last week:

IMG_9470.jpg

IMG_9472.jpg

IMG_9474.jpg

Also got a very cool Briggs 3 tier engine display from the early 60's but I had to disassemble it so it would fit in my SUV so no pic.Also snapped a pic of my Briggs clock and Simplicity sign lit up tonight.

IMG_9508.jpg

IMG_9509.jpg

Unfortunately the clock motor needs replacement.

IMG_9470.jpg.54551679921932162393c83ab9186038.jpg

IMG_9472.jpg.8fdd3e13963a477f4fd4d3c9fd3b12a8.jpg

IMG_9474.jpg.e16f1739f38ae1a94d594e5557dfe353.jpg

IMG_9508.jpg.84b709fb2d6fd9c50192a449ef58959a.jpg

IMG_9509.jpg.b14be3442e4196ba054d6d2e934bb598.jpg

• Like 1

Now all U have to do is find a motor, and the time to do it! :DLOL

Wayneid="Book Antiqua">id="size4">

Looks like you picked up some nice stuff. And as I follow your finds you should have a nice collection about now to. How does it all look setup now.

quote:Originally posted by osenga

Looks like you picked up some nice stuff. And as I follow your finds you should have a nice collection about now to. How does it all look setup now.

id="quote">
id="quote">So far I can't do much until I can afford to move out and buy a home with a large shed. Will likely be 3 to 5 years before this really gets off the ground. I have just been trying to snatch up these items before they are gone. Some are boxed away, others in different parts of the house or shed. The dream/plan is to make an approximately 24x30 showroom with a 10-15ft parts counter and wooden parts bins behind along the wall. This is as close to a display as I have now and its very crowded.

IMG_9510.jpg

IMG_9514.jpg

IMG_9510.jpg.e7162754cd99e03ff383a6fdb2171fdb.jpg

IMG_9514.jpg.d272ef4c948ab8c0571767fd2be2c6d4.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Chris, I have a 1 RPM motor that may get your Briggs clock up and running. Also, I've rebuilt those old clock motors with some decent success over the years, so if it's all there, pull it, box it up and PM me for my addy and I'll be happy to give it the once over for you if you like. Great looking haul! You need a building to make your vintage dealership a reality! Cheers!!! Zip

Very cool Chris! I just loce that old script Simplicity sign. That's my favorite logo for the old machines.

Thanks guys.Sean, when I got the B&S clock it wouldn't even light up. I suspect someone had removed the starter so they could use the clock without the light being on all the time. I put a starter in it and it lights good. There is power to the clock motor but it wasn't turning. Its an old synchron motor. When I had time I was going to try to repair it myself. I took the rear cover off and it looks like a fascinating little device. I might hit you up for some advice when I dig into it. I was thinking of putting in a simple battery powered motor so I could use the clock indpendent of the light. I also have a large bolens clock, same unit as Josh's Simplicity clock only with a different plastic sign. I need to put a ballast in it and rewire it but the clock does work.

IMG_9428.jpg

IMG_9428.jpg.6354a547b73e17b44ba0d8fa9717f0b2.jpg

You can buy the synchron clock movement brand spanking new NOS from a company on the internet for $27. A friend of mine has a private gas and oil museum, we have bought several of the nos movements

Great info Ed!! And Chris, that Bolens clock is sweet!! I had to remove the old light hardware from my Simplicity clock (phased out bulb) and install a 32 inch bulb. Fortunately, I was able to reuse the starter and just relocate the bulb ends to accommodate the longer bulb. The clock needed all gears cleaned and re-greased with light lithium. Fortunately, the motor was fine. All the gears in the clock are plastic! Hit me up if you need any assistance. I'll help if I can.

Thanks guys.

The shed is so full of junk I can't even walk around now. Will work on selling off some engines and a couple tractors so I can make some more room. I have some Allis penants (thanks to DaveBsACs) I need to hang up also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Wow, 3+ years and no progress. I just ordered a new motor off eBay for the Briggs clock. Now to get the hands off without destroying them.

Edited by Chris727

Thanks guys, there's a lot more now. Here's the current Convenience Center. Changed it to all '65 and newer stuff. Want to do some other display for the older, starburst logo items.

DSCN4920.JPG

Edited by Chris727
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, B-16_IC said:

Nice revamp on the display Chris! And a fine looking stack of rubber next to it.dOd 

Thanks Rich. Those tires have probably been waiting a decade to be installed. Really need to catch up on some projects.

4 hours ago, Chris727 said:

Thanks Rich. Those tires have probably been waiting a decade to be installed. Really need to catch up on some projects.

No better time than the present 666

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• s_stephen
    • Tom45
    • PhanDad
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts