Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC garden implements

nelra2000

I'm setting up equipment for "plow days". I've a, yup, green and yellow turning plow. Did AC make their own plows and what color were they? I found photos of a disc and it's either black or AC dark gray.

quote:Originally posted by nelra2000

I'm setting up equipment for "plow days". I've a, yup, green and yellow turning plow. Did AC make their own plows and what color were they? I found photos of a disc and it's either black or AC dark gray.

id="quote">
id="quote">Like this?atch_5.jpg

AC never made GT plows...Simplicity made them in Simplicity orange and AC yellow. The later black and white ones were Brinly's. I don't recall seeing any gray ones in the brochures, but don't pay much attention to any of the newer stuff.

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

AC never made GT plows...Simplicity made them in Simplicity orange and AC yellow. The later black and white ones were Brinly's.

id="quote">
id="quote">sounds about right. here is white colored one i traded off to club member Mack. pic of it on his tractor. I think it said Allis Chalmers / outdoor products on it. or something like that. its a brinly.

2012415154547_IMG1221.jpg

Perry, Mack's plow is a Simplicity/AC plow for sure. The brinly beams and coulters are constructed much differently. Its possible Brinly made the moldboard components as they supplied plow bottoms to other manufacturers.

Thanks guys. My yellow ACs are gone. I can recall seeing white implemnts. My green/yellow plow was done by hand and it's got a red oxide primer under it. I do have a white Brinely beam but no mouldboard. Planned to put a potatoe hiller on it.

I didn't go look, but I think in the 1990's an allied plow for a Sov was black/dark gray. Probably Brinly. I have some 90's literature that showed the available aftermarket attachments somewhere - I should dig it out. Tim