Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bowhunt4life

Hub Caps and Trade Input Needed (Pics Added)

bowhunt4life

I have an opportunity to pick up a set of 8" and 12" baby moon hub caps that a simplicity dealer has on an old landlord for their offer $125.

I talked to another simplicity dealer who has the 8" caps on the shelf and will sell me the set for $16.95 and I have bought these for this price.

FrontCaps1_zpsc0e9428e.jpg

FrontCaps2_zps649be746.jpg

How do I go back to the first dealer and nicely try and get their price down?

Also I have a yellow AC round top tiller and mule drive that I am trading for a mid mount grader blade. Good trade?

RayS

How nice are the $125 used ones. I would buy the $16 and the others will show up eventually. That dealer could get that for them on ebay and more than likey knows it. My local dealer keeps an eye on ebay.

The two attachments usually bring the same money. That depends on how bad you need a grader blade.

Talntedmrgreen
quote:Originally posted by perry

yes i would think the tiller trade would be good , tillers are easier to find than the graders

id="quote">
id="quote">Agreed...I often see graders on CL priced anywhere from $125-350, and they usually sell fairly fast regardless of price (tough to say what they actually sell for). Tillers have to be one of the most commonly found attachments, and with patience, you can get a nice one with mule under $150 pretty easily. I don't see the roundtops fetching as much as the later styles. They are narrower, pitch a lot more dirt, and utilize a mule drive/pto system that is more complex and frequently incomplete.Also, the 8" are much more common of a find than the 12's. So are the 10's, which look very nice on rear wheels...just check out Zippo's 10" baby moon trick.

perry

Also, the 8" are much more common of a find than the 12's. So are the 10's, which look very nice on rear wheels...just check out Zippo's 10" baby moon trick.

now find the caps in decent shape is another story sm00. but SOS pad and wax can do wonders to them . i have found lots of 8's a few sets of 12"s . never had the 10's.

TimJr

Depending on how original or correct you want to be, find a golf cart custom shop or look online for golf cart stuff. I have heard that some carts use 6 - 10" wheels and have hubcaps available.