Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Weed Cutter Coming Home

bowhunt4life

Well after owning a weed cutter for about 6 months in 2011, selling it to finance a new bow (I did kill a buck and doe that fall 2012) and regretting getting rid of the weed cutter I have found a replacment.

The original weed cutter I had was an 8 out 10. This unit is a 5 out of 10 (arbors are froze).It does come with the hitch and belt cover and a NOS replacement set of blades.

However with Grinchyone's thread on his weed cutter rebuild I believe I can breath live into this machine.

P3120264_zpsb0d01800.jpg

P3120265_zpsffc23d97.jpg

P3120267_zps68d3ccba.jpg

If I decide to do a total restore I am thinking of Allis yellow on the repaint.

Chris

It really doesn't look bad at all Chris...nice find! I second the AC yellow. I almost went that route on mine when I redid the Big Ten, but left well enough alone when I found my loader. I thought about Squire bronze as well, but again, left it as is. I did have AC decals made up for it though...I'll see if I can find those. I inverted the fron 'danger' decal, to better contrast with the yellow paint, and had AC manufacturer/ser#, and Logo tags made up.

looks great!!! glad you found another one. i think we have all sold a piece at one time or another that we wished we wouldnt have!!

quote:Originally posted by SethL007

looks great!!! glad you found another one. i think we have all sold a piece at one time or another that we wished we wouldnt have!!

id="quote">
id="quote">Isn't that the truth!

Well Chris welcome back to the house of carriage bolts! I notice at least 6 of the 12 in the front cover are missing, And substitutes were used on the LH (facing side) The end two (either side) are critical to the stability of the end panels, which also support the skids. If you find a sale on 5/16-18 3/4" carriage bolts, don't miss it. 5/16 hardware is prolific on this machine. I got my stock on a 20% sale at ACE, You may do better by the box at a large box store. And don't lose those 1/2" wrenches.

The "shield" will save a lot of grief (and main drive belts)

I think I would like to see one in A/C yellow or Orange:)

Good luck you have a lot of late-night work aheadXX(

I've seen them priced anywhere from $200-500. $300-$400 seems the norm. I'd pay $400 for a nice clean one in a heartbeat. They are a VERY smooth operating and effective piece of equipment.