Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
aspeltz1

1965 Big Ten

RayS

Have you tried doing a search forums? It should be in tech tips forum ad well as articles forum. You will want .020 gap on the points.

243431briggs.jpg

If you need the Allis repair manual send me you email address in a private message and I will try to send it to you. Hope this helps.

243431briggs.jpg.6247a8c0387da1b892d9a449d84a0c02.jpg

fishnwiz

Welcome to the club.

As you can see, Ray has provided you with the information that you were looking for. Almost all of the information you need regarding your tractor is available on this site if you just do a little homework via the search feature.

Best of luck on your repair and please be sure to share pics of your project with the rest of us. We love seeing others tractors and hearing stories about how you came by your project.Again, welcome to the club.

Mark

aspeltz1

Thanks for the input. I found this machine fairly close to home. PO stated it ran great until the breaker box got wet. All it should need is points, condenser and a battery. I can't find any numbers on the motor. I'm pretty sure the model is #243431 but they need a type number to order parts. Where would that be located? One of the right side panels is rusted through and one shroud on the motor is rusted. The rest of the metal is good and straight. I have all the parts and pieces to reassemble her just not much of the mechanical expertise, unless it's an old fire truck. It came with the original snow blower and deck. I don't know what happened with the paint. It looks like a cross between Allis Chalmers orange and Allis garden tractor yellow. I'm actually looking for a B 12 if anyone knows of one for sale that is close. I figured I would buy this and run it until I find the B 12. I just have to get it running soon to justify the purchase to my wife. She can't understand why I need more than one "lawn mower"!

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG.4f5e6c3d3870803900607c2100536e1b.JPG

aspeltz1

I got the motor and starter generator installed yesterday and have a bunch more questions.

1. What is the trick to getting the four U nuts to stay in place when sliding the bottom of the grill over them?

2. My key ignition was replaced with an on/off toggle switch. It has one wire coming out the back. Where does this attach? Points box?

3. My carb is missing the piece on the left to attach the choke cable. Can you attach it to the right side of the carb, and if so, which hole?

4. Where does the throttle cable attach to? I must be missing a few parts for this too. Also, my governor only has one spring. This motor does not have a type number and there are different part numbers for springs depending on types.

perry
quote:Originally posted by aspeltz1

I got the motor and starter generator installed yesterday and have a bunch more questions. 1. What is the trick to getting the four U nuts to stay in place when sliding the bottom of the grill over them? 2. My key ignition was replaced with an on/off toggle switch. It has one wire coming out the back. Where does this attach? Points box? 3. My carb is missing the piece on the left to attach the choke cable. Can you attach it to the right side of the carb, and if so, which hole? 4. Where does the throttle cable attach to? I must be missing a few parts for this too. Also, my governor only has one spring. This motor does not have a type number and there are different part numbers for springs depending on types.

id="quote">
id="quote">ton of good info and how-to's on club memeber zippos video page - http://www.youtube.com/user/ZippoVarga/videos?query=tractors1: just work the grill on best you can . use screw driver/ punch to line nuts back up. 2: toggle switch wire runs to points. switch grounds the coil to turn off. 3: the choke cable is supposed to mount on the inside of carb and hooks to the bottom hole or whatever hole works with you choke lever setup. 4: look at the manuals or do search for pics on the club site. it mounts to a bracket on intake and cable wire hooks into small hole on the main throttle arm/rod . carefull not to bend the throttle arm/rod too much it will snap. should have two springs on the governer.