Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

loader bucket

mech123

Garden tractor frontends aren't very strong and Power Max tractors have enough trouble with the center pivot bushing without one of those things.Plus you'd stay stuck with all the weight on the frontend.

WOW!! That thing is pretty cool...(for a small tractor) But for a bigger tractor like a Powermax/4041/720/etc. I would wait for a proper F.E Loader impliment. I'll bet that bucket assy costs way more new than a good used loader...IMO sm01

I was designing a similar one for my DA917H, and realized I wouldn't be able to open the hood to check/add oil and other maintenance. The JD in the video doesn't have that problem. The need for 2 spool hydraulics complicates things a bit for our simp/ac's.

Ken

how would the front end get stuck???? the cost of that bucket loader is around 1400.00. the guy custom makes them for john deere tractors only. i can build it for around 400.00. i am going to reroute the rear hydraulic lines to the front and put in another set of quick connects. as far as the hood, im going to design this with quick release pins so it will pull straight up and off tractor.

If you like it and are satisfied with the design then build it. That is what I would do if it were me. It is putting all the weight in front of the front tires . Instead of spreading out the center of gravity like a FEL that mounts to the center and has a sub frame that goes to the rear axle with a ballast box behind the tractor.

quote:Originally posted by RayS

If you like it and are satisfied with the design then build it. That is what I would do if it were me. It is putting all the weight in front of the front tires . Instead of sreading out the center of gravity like a FEL that mounts to the center and has a subframe that goes to the rear axle with a ballast box behind the tractor.

id="quote">
id="quote">I agree with Ray, if you like it, build it. I will say that after owning a Powermax with an ARK600 loader, for a couple of years, I would not be satisfied with anything less. If you are going to build something, at least look at the ARK loader designs, and then decide what you want to build.John U