Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

48" Deck rebuild

Tonyvdb

Last fall I rebuilt my 7117, so over this winter did the mower deck. Here are some pictures, click this link below for Photo bucket pictures. http://s1166.beta.photobucket.com/user/tonyvdb/story/30431 Couldn't have got it back together without pictures from the forum. Thanks to Jack, jsarro, for some of the parts, he has a nice 3112, also other posts from others here who rebuilt their decks.

DSC03499_zps6c3970a9.jpg

DSC03497_zps923611bc.jpg

Nice! Couple of suggestions:

The rollerbar is on backwards You might also want to get the wider rollers from Simplicity for the outer ends or the rod will have more of a tendancy to catch on things and bend, rather than rolling over them.

If your roller bar is on backwards, you will have some re-welding to do. I get deck rollers from Yates Rubber Products, although yours look to be in pretty good shape. Overall, nice job, looks great, and will give you many years of service!

Thanks for the suggestions. I will turn the roller bar around, as for rollers their are all new, came from a link that RayS provided on a post. I have two more and thought about cutting them in half and putting the on the ends of each side, that would fill the end gaps. I haven't drilled the holes for the cotter pins yet so it's still adjustable.

Some really smart guy must've told you to use POR-15 on the underneath :D

I think you'll like it.

Nice job there!

quote:Originally posted by OrangeMetalGuy

Some really smart guy must've told you to use POR-15 on the underneath :DI think you'll like it.Nice job there!

id="quote">
id="quote">Yep, and I think it is going to work good. You can beat on it with a hammer and it doesn't chip. I put it on all of the deck and painted over the part that shows. I thought everyone would laugh if I left it silver. By the way the silver is suppose to be tougher than the black, we'll see.100_1733_zps1e4e5cdf.jpg

I really like the way it has held up on mine.

Interesting also, your arbors drop in from the top, mine go up through the bottom. I have thought about trying to mount them in through the top (to get a higher cut), but they have the rounded bottom lip that curls down so it wouldn't work. Plus I'm sure I'd never get the belt covers on.

Mine have a rounded top the fits through the deck hole. Sure hope they are on right, never did this before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts