Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7790 and Lombardini

Allisgrandson

This is what I picked up this weekend from a local small engine repair shop. It had sat outside for about 10 years, and was sunk into the mud about 6 inches. They used a Bobcat with forklift attachments to pick it up and put on my trailer. The original owner couldn't get it to start, and thought it was fuel supply/injector problems. The engine was removed after the original owner brought it in, but none of the mechanics were diesel mechanics. Lucky for me, one of my former co-workers rebuilds injectors for a living! It comes with headlights, hydrostatic, and a hydrolift. All of the tires are shot, but the body is in fairly good shape; the left rear fender of the seat pan was dented a long time ago and is rusted. The current plan is to rebuild the engine and turn this into my FEL tractor, which my T12 will donate. If we can't get it running, I'll be on here asking people what they want and what they'll pay for it!Does anyone out there have manuals for this engine and tractor? I need mechanic's manuals more than operator manuals, but those will help also. My mechanic needs schematics and compression ratio type info. Thanks!

7790 side.jpg

7790 with deck.jpg

lombardini.jpg

57e057ac407f4_7790side.jpg.cb7a6582d463b4cab6a57cdd0cd39292.jpg

57e057acc5ba8_7790withdeck.jpg.04cd60bf922b19c8c5b09c9cb8c4136d.jpg

lombardini.jpg.e5058451e1c2a2eb5ff5ee2e434cae53.jpg

Thanks for the support guys. Marty, the Lombardini website doesn't have the manuals listed for the 10LD. They have 9 and 11, but the 10 is absent :(

You may be able to go to the Kohler web site for manuals. I don't know how far back the Kohler site will have information for, but I would certainly try.

Originally Briggs did import and sell them. Ironically, Kohler now handles them. Neat tractors, but from my experience Lombardini's are expensive, noisy, leaky, smoky, hard starting and vibrate. I have been around a few, but all were in need of attention. With some work, a few of the above complaints would likely go away. Tim

I have all the manuals. Send your email address and I will send them to you. Hold on to your wallet if you plan to rebuild. Ebay in Italy will give you the best deals. There are also some dealers over there that will ship. You can get the parts for half of what they will cost in the U.S. and that is with shipping.

It is noisy. Noisy does not mean horse power. It has all kinds of power but the Honda GX620 and Kohler Command 18 - 20hp have a little more torque. Unless of course Lombardini had a publishing error.

I have all three engines. Lombardini, Honda GX620 and the Kohler Command. It is nice but expensive to work on unless you are willing to wait for parts overseas , which is alot cheaper.

Also the parts manual has alot of errors on part numbers. You are better off to download the 920D Allis parts manual and use those numbers. Don`t ask me how I know.

:o With all of the complaints and negitive comments regarding these tractors, its a wonder that anyone would want to own one!

They are a good tractor. They have all kinds of power. What I meant is it is cheaper to buy and equivalent gas engine.

The parts are extremely expensive. A starter through Simplicity is $821.00 you can get rebuilt for $250.00 on ebay.

You can pickup up used Commands for as little as $400 and new for $1300

They are great as long as you do not have to buy parts.

Ray, I was not referring to only your comments. I have seen a lot of comments on this and other sites with regards to these tractors. Its too bad that the parts for these are ridiculously priced.I wonder why they bothered even building these tractors at those costs. The company had to know the replacement costs for parts were going to PO the regular homeowner when it came time to replace say a starter or other general parts? Were prices always crazy since new or did they just start charging crazy prices after they only made this model for a few years?

I have seen a lot of cases where people gravitate to diesel in the show room because it 'must be better'. Some are, like Kubota but some are not.

quote:Originally posted by dentwizz

I have seen a lot of cases where people gravitate to diesel in the show room because it 'must be better'. Some are, like Kubota but some are not.

id="quote">
id="quote">? what.