Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1954 Simplicity riding mower

richp

It's obviously a Wonderboy. See the New in 1962 section for more info. Here's a pic of the larger, later model. The "joystick" had been replaced by a steering wheel by then. I'll try to find out more, but I don't think it's a 1954 -- but later instead.... http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1962/wb_600.jpg

I acquired a Simplicity mower and I would like to know more about it. I was told by the previous owner that it was manufactured in 1954. It's really small and instead of a steering wheel, it has a combination steering/motion stick. The serial number is 990086 and the model number is 5413. If anyone can help me with more information, I would appreciate it.

Hey Kent' That wouldn't be our 'pal' ol Fred on that mochine would it!? BTW he's got 1 of them wonderboys too.[for play as he puts it!] Hmm...striking resemblance...driver that is! dlc

Alicia,

According to my info, it's a 1957 Wonderboy with a 3.6 HP Clinton engine with msnual start. Engine model # is 1200-2198.

Kent

Alicia,
Contrary to anything any resident wise-guys might tell you, that isn't me in that sales picture. (Man, you go on vacation and right away people start taking liberties.)
Just one point regarding your WB. I think you might mean that the model (Manufacturing or Product number) is 990086 and the S/N is 5413. The other way round won't get you far looking for parts.
I have (somewhere) the manual for the '58 WBs (the "400" and "575"), but it isn't quite correct for your model. Perhaps another member can help.
Welcome to the club!
Fred