Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
shovelhead

Vintage Work Bird Lawn Tractor ??

shovelhead

I never have seen one of these, not really interested in buying. Just wanted to pass on for others to look at. Did a quick Google search and found some quick history.

The WorkBird was made by the George Tools Division of Community Industries in Sullivan ,Il. They were in business from 1946- 1966 then bought by Montgomery Wards then Yardman then MTD and then the plant was closed by MTD. The management/employees/and others went on to form Agri-Fab within 6 mo. of the plant closure.The WorkBird was way ahead of it's time and would have been a great product for the late 90s thru today.With it's basically zero turn capability, up front cut and add on accessories it would survive today but at that time nobody was ready for such a machine.Parts are virtually impossible to get except as with most all machines the engine parts.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/3680340368.html

8D

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• s_stephen
    • RAC
    • BLT
    • GregB
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• MARK (LI)

MARK (LI)  »  Alltractoredup

...This is Mark from Long Island ....Gene told me that you are selling  FEL for a Sunstar....the link he sent me does not take me to it ...I am not on FB myself, but my wife is...is it just on the AC  / Simple group, or is it on the Marketplace?
      · 2 replies
    • F.U.N.

F.U.N.  »  sandyhillbill

Dear Sandhillbill
      Can you please copy me on this data, for Sun Star parts list.
      :
      September 12, 2004 Mike I sent you a PM and have all the mfgs. available for the tiller/hitch/pto/liftgroup if you need me to send them to you. Let me know. Thanks, F.U.N.    
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts