Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
littlemarv

3/400 series snowblower

littlemarv

Just got a minute to look through the manuals in the tech tips on 3/4 series attachments. Apparently they use two very different drive setups.

Are there any snowblowers that are the same except for the way they mount? It would probably be easier to adapt a Simplicity or other Allis model than finding the correct one?

sammiefish

I just read your post again... the 3 vs 4 uses the same front pto...

ummmmm not sure how to proceed here but here is what my experience is... if its not clear PM me and I can get you there... : )

if you have the mounting brackets for the 300 series they will go on the 400 series frame to mount a 300 series blower... as a stock application... no mods needed... i would recommend this route to avoid front axle wear on your 400

they were available this way to allow dealers to clear 300 series attachment stock for use on the 400 series tractors...

the 300 series mounting system IMO is a better idea... BUT i bet you'd get less lift from the 300 series blowers... they only lift a few inches off the ground... no big deal but if you want to drive through un-cleared snow its not the best... I have no other blowers than the 300 series...

I think (pretty sure) there are simplicity blowers that will mount to the 400 front axle but you need one for a front pto machine... unless you do a modification to adopt the mid pto...

for that i cant help.. i stay pretty much in the original factory design.... Mack might have a suggestion here.

my 400's came with the 300 series brackets (and blowers) already installed from the original dealer... that's how i know...

around here you can find the 300 series blower if you look...

you've got a year now... if I were you I'd wait a while...

if you get this way ... ...uhhh... uhhh... maybe ... uhhh...

i might have something you could use... uhhh....

(its like prying stuff outta my dead hand... )

but as a final comment... I think the 300 blower bracket system is a better design than any other option and it will fit your application...

littlemarv

So, am I correct in saying that the 300 series mounts to the middle of the tractor while the 400 series mounts to the front axle?

The 300 sure looks better weight distribution wise.

GLPointon

The Plow/Blower mounting brackets bolt onto the frame sides between the front axle and the running boards (a square pattern of 4 holes) I agree this is a better system for keeping the weight/wear off the axle. (Thats also where I mounted my FEL subframe to on my 410)I'm pretty certain that all the 300-400 attachments are interchangeable. grew up with a 312 and now have a 410 & they look the same to me...OOsm00?

quote:Originally posted by littlemarv

So, am I correct in saying that the 300 series mounts to the middle of the tractor while the 400 series mounts to the front axle?The 300 sure looks better weight distribution wise.

id="quote">
id="quote">