Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hello from North Dakota

lampoulos

It's been a while since I posted so I thought I'd just drop a line and forward you all some light hearted pictures. We're having longer winter then normal and none of our snow has gone away yet as made evident by the piles in the pictures. Spent a couple hours cutting the banks back this afternoon and the wife ventured out with the camera so I thought it a good excuse to say "hi" to everyone. Hope you're all doing well!

Blower3.JPG

Blower2.JPG

Blower3.JPG.f18e6668e0db2e1f10370516a6243593.JPG

Blower2.JPG.da520f0509a0f4dfdde9964429b18617.JPG

Thanks for poppin in! Looks like you've had loads of fun! In a way I miss it already, and yet, I'm kinda excited to pull all the snowgear loose and put it away to make room for plows, tillers, etc ^

I didn't use weights till very recently, and never really had any issues on flat ground. Not wanting to make Craig feel uncomfortable, but that rear end looks firmly planted! ;)

lol! Look a little closer. The weights are on the inside of the rims....^You can catch a bit of simple orange on the inside of the left rear wheel in the second pic.Here's a better angle from last summer.

0359 1.JPG

57e05de020142_03591.JPG.bf5b12176f0424a531f8379339f2bc73.JPG

Good looking rig! I have the same, and enjoy the chance to work it. See you have covers on the rear hood vents. One thing I did was extend the chute turner handle so my short arms would reach....

We be thinking spring, but my guess is one more time in SE Wisconsin.

When we moved out here I quickly found out that keeping the engine warm was important. I kept freezing up the carburetor so I took the oem design for the blocking plates and made my own. They're supposed to be mounted on the inside but found that it was easier outside the hood, and they work great!The sun has some heat to it now so there's a bit of a snow melt during the day time, but it still isn't getting out of the 20's yet. Still in the negatives at night.

Top Hood Air Plates Side View.jpg

57e05de06cafb_TopHoodAirPlatesSideView.jpg.467215a391f838f8c52ab58b8abadf60.jpg

Looks like fun...That is real snowfall. Nice Tractor/Blower combo dOd

I too miss the deep snowfalls. we used to get big "lake effect" snowstorms here in NW Indiana till about 3 yrs ago ? only 3 light plowings this winter...spooky wch

Please tell us more about those strange wheel weights!

I have never even heard about weights that mount inside,

much less have I ever seen any!

Thanks - Tom

Those wheel weights are the best purchase I ever made. They're original gilson-montgomery wards and I don't believe they were made to go on the inside of the rear wheels, it just so happens that it works on my tractor. The center cut out is large enough to easily fit around my wheel hub. If I had two sets (don't think I'll ever be that lucky) I could run both on the rear wheels, one inner and one outer.