Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Head Bolt Torque

Vinnie_A

How many pounds of torqe are needed on the bolts on a new head gasket on a 16 HP Briggs Engine from a Simplicity 3416 tractor? Thanks in advance

Vinnie,

190 inch pounds on all cast iron Briggs.

Haven't seen any posts from you for a while, what are you up to?

John U

Originally posted by GrincheyOne
quote:
id="size4">
id="quote">id="quote">Doh!!! You're right. Still a tad short of something.;)

John,

I have beeen cleaning out my 15 year collection of my Simplicity and Allis Chalmers tractors and parts on craigs list and e bay. Only keeping my A/C B 110 I bought back in 1969 for $450 and my Montogemery Wards Squire 9 I got for nothing and did a complete restoration on and turned it into a A/C B 10. The mice and ethenol finally got to me and the poor performance of my Simplicity leaf vac forced me to buy an John Deere X500 along with a Cyclone Rake for the leaves. I have met many great club members at this site and have had people drive here to New York to purchase tractors.One from Kentucky and back in one day and another from South Carolina and back in one day. Wow what a neat group of guys.Not to ramble on but thanks for answering another question for me. Thanks again, Vinnie

Pattern of tightening is relatively important too. If I had the diagram, I would post it. Perhaps ol' Bob can help you out!8D